By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered out on Switch... today (Digital, physical 22nd of Feb)

Prime Remastered is interesting in that it gives us a look at the kind of technical makeup we can expect for Prime 4, being our first look at Retro's engine in action on the Switch.

Prime 4 will probably be a bigger in scope, so rendering priorities may be different, but given what they've pulled off here visually, Prime 4 looks set to be a real showcase.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Prime Remastered is interesting in that it gives us a look at the kind of technical makeup we can expect for Prime 4, being our first look at Retro's engine in action on the Switch.

Prime 4 will probably be a bigger in scope, so rendering priorities may be different, but given what they've pulled off here visually, Prime 4 looks set to be a real showcase.

Then there is another side of me that hopes Retro's next releases are remasters of Prime 2 and 3, leaving Prime 4 as a launch title for the next console where it looks way better.

But nah, I don't want to wait that long.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Then there is another side of me that hopes Retro's next releases are remasters of Prime 2 and 3, leaving Prime 4 as a launch title for the next console where it looks way better.

Yeah after nearly 6 years of waiting since it's announcement, I don't want to hold off for the next system to play it. After Remastered, I have faith Retro's up to the task of making it look great on the current Switch. 

Am I the only one here who knows that the original Prime team came from the developer of Turok Dinosaur Hunter?

CaptainExplosion said:

Am I the only one here who knows that the original Prime team came from the developer of Turok Dinosaur Hunter?

Nope. A large chunk of them were former Iguana devs. Jeff Spangberg founded Retro. To put it simply Nintendo wasn't happy with him and his side antics. Was fired then he made The Guy Game. One of the most embrassing things ever in the same era as BMX XXX. He just sorta vanished after that.  I should look for my magazine that has an ad from 1998/1999 of Retro's original logo hiring for a next generation console.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I think they will release the Trilogy next, at 60$, with a 20$ discount for the ones who own the 1st game.

And yeah, no need for pulling a BOTW/Wii U situation where everybody expected a Zelda since 2012

curl-6 said:

I hope that we can switch between 1st and 3rd person perspective, I really want to see Samus in action (not in a weird way)

We reap what we sow

This remaster is everything I was hoping for. Updated visuals that respect the original intentions, improved and multiple controls styles, but most importantly, making sure the game feels like it did when I first played it at launch on the GameCube. The game stands the test of time in a way very few games manages without being heavily tweaked, altered, or remade entirely. Metroid Prime Remastered adds QoL on a foundation that remains unchanged despite being 20 years old. That’s just a testament to how incredibly good this game was when it came out.

This remaster is showing everyone what an amazing and timeless masterpiece Metroid Prime is, confidently keeping its place among the best games of all time.

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 February 2023

Although very different in terms of gameplay for obvious reasons, can we all agree that Metroid prime does a much better job at capturing the Metroid experience than Dread? Metroid Prime is simply sublime!!!

Valdney said:

Although very different in terms of gameplay for obvious reasons, can we all agree that Metroid prime does a much better job at capturing the Metroid experience than Dread?

No.

Valdney said:

Metroid Prime is simply sublime!!!

Yes.