By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy breaks twitch singleplayer game concurrent viewers record

Ahhhh, warms my heart to see their "boycott" fail miserably. Psychopaths, all of them.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Spade said:

Love to see it. Especially with the outrage around this game lol.

Reset banning discussion and twitter weirdos making programs to see who streamed the game... Sad af.

It's going to sell massive numbers as well in spite of the sad boycott attempt. I've never seen Amazon rankings this strong, most of platforms were top 100 on Amazon US for most of the month before release, with PS5 being top 100 for well over a month before release and top 40 for most of the month before it's release. Now here we are between the release date on the deluxe and special editions and there are 6 different SKU's on Amazon US top 100, including 3 in the top 20, even the Switch and last gen versions are selling well and they don't release until April for last gen and July for Switch. And it's not just Amazon US, game is ranked either extremely well or very well on quite alot of other countries' Amazon charts as well, including UK, Australia, Italy, Japan, Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, India, Canada, Sweden, and Saudi Arabia.

Damn. Haven’t been following, but happy to see as well, esp bc of the unnecessary outrage. These developers, after spending likely 4y+ on this, deserve to have their game played and enjoyed by people.

COKTOE said:

Over 1 million f***ing losers signed that petition. Because someone who is their ideological ally has a slightly different opinion on one topic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hogwarts Legacy breaks CP2077 record of most concurrent players for a single-player game on Steam. Record currently stands at 1.05 million concurrent players. If Hogwarts is already near 500,000 concurrent players on Steam and the game doesn't even release for another couple of days, the record is in the bag!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 08 February 2023

Spade said:

Reset banning discussion and twitter weirdos making programs to see who streamed the game... Sad af.

I find Era as a pretty rabid and insane SJW site btw. They always and I mean always have something to bitch about when it comes to an author or dev being behind a game's creation.

Like this is prob the only HP game we've gotten that's decent in god knows how long, and Era is just being blowing shit out of proportion over JK's twitter from a few years back, as if that even matter when the game isn't even about JK's twitter. 

Era is basically a commy site.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Spade said:

I find Era as a pretty rabid and insane SJW site btw. They always and I mean always have something to bitch about when it comes to an author or dev being behind a game's creation.

Like this is prob the only HP game we've gotten that's decent in god knows how long, and Era is just being blowing shit out of proportion over JK's twitter from a few years back, as if that even matter when the game isn't even about JK's twitter. 

I still remember when they were banning people for agreeing with the developers of Kingdom Come Deliverance that having black characters in a game set in 15th century Bohemia wouldn't have been historically accurate. 

Chazore said:

Hey now, there's no need to insult commies like that!

shikamaru317 said:
Spade said:

It's going to sell massive numbers as well in spite of the sad boycott attempt. I've never seen Amazon rankings this strong, most of platforms were top 100 on Amazon US for most of the month before release, with PS5 being top 100 for well over a month before release and top 40 for most of the month before it's release. Now here we are between the release date on the deluxe and special editions and there are 6 different SKU's on Amazon US top 100, including 3 in the top 20, even the Switch and last gen versions are selling well and they don't release until April for last gen and July for Switch. And it's not just Amazon US, game is ranked either extremely well or very well on quite alot of other countries' Amazon charts as well, including UK, Australia, Italy, Japan, Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, India, Canada, Sweden, and Saudi Arabia.

I'd say it's selling better because of the boycott. The anti-video game talking points of today are different than in the past, but back then the "video games are turning kids into killers" controversy that was all about violence in video games only ever led to sales boosts for the games that came into the focus.

Ah, ResetEra. The wonderful website where transgender rights were in the thread title of the official general Nintendo megathread because of Cyberpunk, a game that wasn't even releasing on a Nintendo console.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Chazore said:
Spade said:

A funny part of this is most of the crazy people making a big deal about this on sites like Era without a doubt eat meat and the negative impact of that is gonna cause far, far more harm than buying a video game ever could but they think condemning people for playing Hogwarts Legacy is somehow rational. They're so far gone that even the nutters who shame people for what they eat are more sensible in comparison.

COKTOE said:
Spade said:

Over 1 million f***ing losers signed that petition. Because someone who is their ideological ally has a slightly different opinion on one topic.

Human cigarette Hasan Piker's own audience effectively bullied him into not playing it though, so it's not all bad.

What petition are you referencing?