By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy breaks twitch singleplayer game concurrent viewers record

the-pi-guy said:
kirby007 said:

wait wait disliking resetera is anti trans? if so you guys have lost it completely

No. But calling people psychopaths because they don't want to support someone who is vocal about being anti trans is being anti trans.

Has nothing to do with Era.  

no its about how you cant disagree or voice that you are playing the game on that website

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Either the boycott worked in Luxembourg, or (probably) it was wayyy overshipped, because today at the Supermarket it was 51.39€ instead of 69.99€

kirby007 said:

no its about how you cant disagree or voice that you are playing the game on that website

1.) Several of the problematic posts have absolutely nothing to do with Era.

2.) The topic is about Hogwarts Legacy breaking twitch single player record, it's not about ResetEra, and it's not about complaining about the mod comments either. 

So let's try to get back on topic. You know, respectfully, like adults.

Eric2048 said:

I'm kind of surprised it didn't get reviewed bombed more due to the controversy. The PS5 version currently has a 9.1 user score on metacritic.

Would probably be around an 88-90 meta were it not for several outlets who failed to put their personal biases aside and judge the game fairly. Still, 85 average isn't bad at all, especially for the first ever AAA game from Avalanche Software. A promising start for sure, hopefully they already have sequels planned for the playable character's final 2 years at Hogwarts. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 February 2023

Spade said:

Just read the worst "review" from Wired lol. Not giving them clicks, but makes what we know of gaming journalism look credible.

Wow, I just saw a tweet about that review. Yikes on bikes, I've seen some bad reviews over the years, especially from certain outlets like Quarter to Three, but this one definitely takes the cringe crown. Biased nonsense and I'm glad that opencritic and metacritic haven't added it to the aggregate score, hopefully it stays that way. Bad enough we have a few 50 and 60 reviews dragging it down, but a 1/10 review for any game that isn't an absolute broken mess is a total joke of a review.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
pitzy272 said:

What petition are you referencing?

I believe there was a "Boycott Hogwart's Legacy" Change.org petition that had over 1m signatures awhile back. It seems to have been deleted at some point as I can't find it now, guessing they deleted it to hide their embarrassment after the game was a huge success. 

Disappointing that so many people blindly follow. 

Just started the game. Sorted as a Slytherin

Hogwarts is really pretty and immersive, definitely a mandatory purchase if you're a Harry Potter fan and always dreamed with getting your Hogwarts invite letter

I wonder if there is enough changes in the quests and items you can get depending on your house. I don't mind to have 4 avatars and needing to beat the game 4 times to unlock everything

IcaroRibeiro said:

Just started the game. Sorted as a Slytherin

Hogwarts is really pretty and immersive, definitely a mandatory purchase if you're a Harry Potter fan and always dreamed with getting your Hogwarts invite letter

I wonder if there is enough changes in the quests and items you can get depending on your house. I don't mind to have 4 avatars and needing to beat the game 4 times to unlock everything

I honestly don't think there is much of anything that is house specific, which is a bit of a shame (I certainly haven't noticed anything that seemed Ravenclaw exclusive on my 25 hours so far). One of a handful of disappointments I have with the game, but overall it is still excellent, there is just room to improve on potential sequels.

Game currently has a peak of 693k concurrent players on Steam, making it the 3rd biggest ever for a singleplayer game on Steam, only behind Cyberpunk and Elden Ring.

shikamaru317 said:

Game currently has a peak of 693k concurrent players on Steam, making it the 3rd biggest ever for a singleplayer game on Steam, only behind Cyberpunk and Elden Ring.

Elden Ring is multiplayer