By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy breaks twitch singleplayer game concurrent viewers record

pitzy272 said:
COKTOE said:

Over 1 million f***ing losers signed that petition. Because someone who is their ideological ally has a slightly different opinion on one topic.

Human cigarette Hasan Piker's own audience effectively bullied him into not playing it though, so it's not all bad.

What petition are you referencing?

I believe there was a "Boycott Hogwart's Legacy" Change.org petition that had over 1m signatures awhile back. It seems to have been deleted at some point as I can't find it now, guessing they deleted it to hide their embarrassment after the game was a huge success. 

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Spade said:

Love to see it. Especially with the outrage around this game lol.

Reset banning discussion and twitter weirdos making programs to see who streamed the game... Sad af.

Over 1 million f***ing losers signed that petition. Because someone who is their ideological ally has a slightly different opinion on one topic.

Human cigarette Hasan Piker's own audience effectively bullied him into not playing it though, so it's not all bad.

You can say fuck and all kinds of vulgarities in these forums so long as they aren't linked to prejudice of extreme historical consequence. Like the N-word, and a few of the R-words.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

shikamaru317 said:

I still remember when they were banning people for agreeing with the developers of Kingdom Come Deliverance that having black characters in a game set in 15th century Bohemia wouldn't have been historically accurate. 

They seem mentally unstable that they think they know history better than the devs who literally lived and breathed their own history than a bunch of net warriors. 

I found it hilarious when their previous site had shutdown, but I wonder how long Era can really go on for before it's hated as much as it's previous site was. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Norion said:
Chazore said:

I find Era as a pretty rabid and insane SJW site btw. They always and I mean always have something to bitch about when it comes to an author or dev being behind a game's creation.

Like this is prob the only HP game we've gotten that's decent in god knows how long, and Era is just being blowing shit out of proportion over JK's twitter from a few years back, as if that even matter when the game isn't even about JK's twitter. 

Era is basically a commy site.

A funny part of this is most of the crazy people making a big deal about this on sites like Era without a doubt eat meat and the negative impact of that is gonna cause far, far more harm than buying a video game ever could but they think condemning people for playing Hogwarts Legacy is somehow rational. They're so far gone that even the nutters who shame people for what they eat are more sensible in comparison.

They are what they choose to fight, ie: fascism. 

They like to act like they are rational, for free speech and know what's up, but they are neither of those and have absolutely no clue wtf they are talking about. This is why their previous site was such a laughing stock and hated so much, because they stomped and shouted like spoilt brats across the net. 

I still can't believe the odd dev or two thinks it's even remotely a good idea to have some random interviews there, like why would any sane person want to interview or divulge info to a bunch of nutjobs like Era users?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Good. Cancel culture is a disease.

Around the Network

So here is how this is going to work.
1) No trash talking other sites. Yeah you Chazore. I don't want people trashing VGchartz, And I don't want VGchartz trashing others.
2) This is moving to politics. Lets be honest there is no gaming discussion here.
3) Consider the above warnings. Harsh warnings. Break them and the thread gets locked.

The more threads get locked the less the discussion will be allowed ANYWHERE because that will be plenty of evidence you can't control yourselves.

Also avoid all the Transphobia stuff. That isn't allowed anywhere on the site - even politics.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

There's a transgender character in the game, so it pretty much goes against JK Rowling's views anyway.

Avalanche Software Addresses Hogwarts Legacy's Transgender Character (ign.com)

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 February 2023

Why is so hard for some of you people to have respectful adult conversations about complex topics?

Did those 1.1M people who watched Cyberpunk just sit there and watch the game bug out? LOL

Mystro-Sama said:

Did those 1.1M people who watched Cyberpunk just sit there and watch the game bug out? LOL

I think it actually got that record after the huge patch last year where quite alot of the game was fixed.