By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How often do you use the Switch in tabletop mode for multiplayer?

How often do use play in tabletop mode?

Very often, my primary way to play the Switch 0 0%

I use it often 1 2.56%

Sometimes 5 12.82%

Very rarely ever used it 18 46.15%

Never played the Switch in tabletop mode yet 15 38.46%

Total:39

In single player a couple times in the early days, but I never play multiplayer period so also never used table top mode in multiplayer.

Around the Network

My Switch hasn't left the dock in 5 years.

I used to use that function sometimes. But since one of my joycons broke and the SL SR buttons don't work, I can't use that function anymore...

I tried to repair it by installing a new ribbon cable (that's the culprit there), but the thing is so damn sensible that I broke the new one too xD

The only time I played table top was when I was on the airplane or in India.

Otherwise always been docked when I am at home.

Also havent played any MP games at all on it.

Sometimes when traveling and I want to use the joycons. But mostly I stick to the handheld or TV mode.

Usually if I’m playing multiplayer, the other people have their own Switch. I don’t have any of the board games and such that would benefit from the tabletop mode.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 29 January 2023

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I don’t think I’ve ever played multiplayer in tabletop. Played the shit outta zelda in table top when I first got the switch but, as someone else mentioned, that was because of the novelty. Now it’s either handheld or docked.

Rarely, but only single player. Only play multiplayer online and then rather with a wired connection.

Tabletop mode?

Never? I always use the TV + pro controllers for multiplayer.

I tried to play Ring Fit Adventure when I was on a business trip and didn't have a TV to connect to. But I just couldn't recognize anything on the tiny screen when I was jumping around, lol.

Other than that, it's handheld or dock for me. I pretty much never use tabletop anymore, although it's much more convenient with the OLED switch.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Legendary_W said:

Some years ago when it was much more of a novelty I used to take it to social gatherings to play things like 1-2-Switch and tabletop was extremely convenient. Never used it much aside from that but I'm glad the feature is there for when the situation calls for it.

Exactly the same, yes