By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How often do you use the Switch in tabletop mode for multiplayer?

How often do use play in tabletop mode?

Very often, my primary way to play the Switch 0 0%

I use it often 1 2.56%

Sometimes 5 12.82%

Very rarely ever used it 18 46.15%

Never played the Switch in tabletop mode yet 15 38.46%

Total:39

How often do you guys use it? I see tabletop mode as an awesome feature with the switch but very rarely do I see people ever use it.

Around the Network

Some years ago when it was much more of a novelty I used to take it to social gatherings to play things like 1-2-Switch and tabletop was extremely convenient. Never used it much aside from that but I'm glad the feature is there for when the situation calls for it.

Only used it a few times a few years ago. If I'm playing multiplayer there's almost always a TV around. But of course it's great if there's no TV around, just haven't been in that situation much.

Switch OLED is so much better for this, but I rarely use it with my Switch (V1).

Never once so far. I genuinely forgot it was even a thing on the Switch.

Around the Network

I used to play in tabletop a lot, but then I changed my setting and now I don't need to.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

My Switch OLED has never left the dock.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I don't think even once, but I voted very rarely. The kickstand is really bad, and I've never had the urge. I've played multiplayer almost exclusively on the TV, with a few handheld mode multiplayer session as well with fellow Switch players.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Never.

Not even once

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!