By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How often do you use the Switch in tabletop mode for multiplayer?

How often do use play in tabletop mode?

Very often, my primary way to play the Switch 0 0%

I use it often 1 2.56%

Sometimes 5 12.82%

Very rarely ever used it 18 46.15%

Never played the Switch in tabletop mode yet 15 38.46%

Total:39

I haven't used it for multiplayer, but when one of my joy-cons had the dreaded drifting issue, I used it daily with a pro controller to play Animal Crossing (the cradle was in another part of the house which was inaccessible at the time) on top of my desk.

Around the Network

Played Mario Kart with my girlfriend a few times on trips. Tried it for single player games a few times as well since the switch can get heavy in longer player sessions, but never got into it. Back in the Wii days I liked holding a controller in each hand, but for some reason I never liked doing that with the switch controllers. They feel too light. Kind of ironic since the reason I tried tabletop was because the system is heavy.

Never and I'm positive it will remain that way.

Never.

But if it had Netflix and/or Disney+ (yea yea it doesn't need it...) I could see myself starting to use it as I can have it beside me watching stuff while I'm on my laptop working etc.

I was using the tabletop function quite regularly when I was at my social gaming club back in college but since then I might unsheath the thing about 1-3x times a year, usually on a kitchen table or such when I'm at a friends place.

I'm still glad the function exists though

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I have used it rarely. Most of the time I did use it was when I was travelling with family. I do not travel much though.
Even though I rarely use it, I hope they keep this function for the successor because it is useful and convenient.

1doesnotsimply

It's too bad because if this system had been available 10+ years ago I would've used this feature alllllll the time. Used to be out with friends at cafes, diners, etc. all the time and it totally would've been a great thing to just plop it down on the table and detach a controller and play some multi. But these days I don't have the time for that.

I think it depends on your lifestyle/age range, but I can totally see people who meet up with friends/family often using this functionality a lot.

I kind of envy people who can use this function, lol, it's a brilliant aspect of the machine IMO. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 01 February 2023