By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NS Sells 121M, PS5 Sales Up 36% Year-on-Year - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Dec 25-31

We have hit a bit of a snag with the monthly Hardware Chart. As you can see below with so many places going to 7 figures the numbers overlap. One option we could do is use K for thousands. For example Switch for the month of December would appear as 1,538K 1,166K 815K 4,141K.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

We have hit a bit of a snag with the monthly Hardware Chart. As you can see below with so many places going to 7 figures the numbers overlap. One option we could do is use K for thousands. For example Switch for the month of December would appear as 1,538K 1,166K 815K 4,141K.

I think that sounds good, especially if that's the easiest fix.  The hundreds aren't really necessary on the main page and you could still include the full figures in the articles/threads.

trunkswd said:
yo33331 said:

Yep.

Please add Year to Date for every single console on the top page. (as it was available for so much time)

You mean in the bar graph, right? 

There or somewhere on the top page. Just to be there. Somewhere..

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart

archbrix said:
trunkswd said:

I think that sounds good, especially if that's the easiest fix.  The hundreds aren't really necessary on the main page and you could still include the full figures in the articles/threads.

That is a good point. Thank you! 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

yo33331 said:
trunkswd said:

You mean in the bar graph, right? 

I'll write that down as something to add back in the future. A bit focused on getting everything else up and running, so I can get to posting the January estimates. 

Last edited by trunkswd - on 12 February 2023

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
yo33331 said:

I'll write that down as someone to add back in the future. A bit focused on getting everything else up and running, so I can get to posting the January estimates. 

Keep up the good work, I would just like to add that from my perspective the site is running the best it ever has.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Nice to see that things are ready enough for the January charts to be posted next week.

mjk45 said:
trunkswd said:

I'll write that down as someone to add back in the future. A bit focused on getting everything else up and running, so I can get to posting the January estimates. 

Keep up the good work, I would just like to add that from my perspective the site is running the best it ever has.

Thank you! We are a small team and do what we can with the resources we have. 

Norion said:

Nice to see that things are ready enough for the January charts to be posted next week.

I hope I can get to posting the January figures this coming week as long as everything is done. Once it is up and running I will post the Japan figures for January (and hope nothing breaks).

Maybe I should create a dedicated thread for my streams and videos, but for now. I am live on Twitch going over the latest gaming news and sales. If anyone is curious I can go over the progress Bandorr has had with the new Hardware Charts. Afterwards I'll be playing games. Not sure what yet. 

https://www.twitch.tv/trunkswd