By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1133 Greatest Games, as of 2022

Never underestimate just how close all of the rankings are. Usually anything outside of the top 5 or so will have its position altered by one vote. When I was close to finishing up this year's list, I noticed a mistake I made - I compiled one of Marvel's Spider-Man votes as a vote for the old PS1 Spider-Man game. It was only a #41 vote, but when I fixed it, it moved the game up 10 spots on the results - from #77 to #67.

Around the Network

Great effort @mZuzek and glad I could be a part of it this year.

• KOTOR missing the top 100 ='s pain
  • Are my eyes deceiving me?  I can't seem to find Return of the Obra Dinn's placement.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two AI : The Somnium Files games were unique to my list haha.

Great to see the new Xenoblade Chronicles game piercing the Top 100 on its first go. Wonder how it'll age with time, especially once the standalone story DLC comes in.
But truthfully, I expected Elden Ring to break the Top 10 monopoly we had for a while.

Only one question remains, does Tear of the Kingdom have a chance to break BOTW monopoly on the first place ?! It'll be fun to look at everyone list next year after another great year of gaming !

Anywoo, thanks to MzuZek for the herculean effort he must undergo to make this event happen ! I'm glad I managed to post my list quite early this year, to bad I forgot to share most of it lol 😅

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the two AI : The Somnium Files games were unique to my list haha.

I have the first one on my list at #13. Haven't gotten the second one yet.

Kakadu18 said:
Mar1217 said:

I have the first one on my list at #13. Haven't gotten the second one yet.

I looked closely at the list and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it was at the 158th ranking spot if my memory is right.

As for the 2nd game .... I compare it similarly to the jump in quality we had from 999 to Virtue's Last Reward. Uchikoshi and his team are craftsmen of pure genius.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

TIL games on Tesla cars are a thing...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

coolbeans said:

• Are my eyes deceiving me?  I can't seem to find Return of the Obra Dinn's placement.

I see it at number 445.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Mar1217 said:

They weren't, that information is actually on the list's third column. "Votes" being how many people listed each game, so the first Somnium Files was on 5 lists and Nirvana Interactive was on 2.

By the way, the reason the list is split at a seemingly random number (#381) is because that's the point from which every game on had at least 2 votes. I always do it like this, but don't always make the biggest effort to clarify it.

Ultrashroomz said:

TIL games on Tesla cars are a thing...

I know, right? It was on sergiodaly's list, I was looking through it and said wait, Tesla Model 3, isn't that a car? So I asked him, isn't this a car? And he said, it's a car.

To say I was dumbfounded would be an understatement

theRepublic said:
coolbeans said:

I see it at number 445.

Appreciate it.  Damn shame no one else brought it up.

Quick question:

It says Silver/Gold/SoulSilver/Heartgold are all the same entry/ranking, but it specifically says Demon's Souls 2009 with no mention of the remaster. am I looking to deep into this?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android