By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1133 Greatest Games, as of 2022

Whew, that was a lot. Hope there aren't too many mistakes, I did catch quite a few of them as I was building the thread, as always I ask that you tell me if you find anything spotty.

Hope y'all enjoyed this year's Greatest Games Event!

Around the Network

Another year, another great event! Thanks for hosting and making sense of this mountain of data, mZuzek :)

Thanks mZuzek for hosting the event. I look into it in more detail later. Although I had thought Elden Ring would be able to crack the TOP 10. Maybe next year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Thanks mZuzek for hosting the event. I look into it in more detail later. Although I had thought Elden Ring would be able to crack the TOP 10. Maybe next year.

I don't think many people who submit these lists will play Elden Ring, it is quite the different game compared to most.

@OP, Great job mZuzek! So many magnificent games in that list.

Another year of Symphonia making the top 100 by a hair's breadth, glad to see my number 1 hanging in there!
A bit of shame Undertale and Celeste fell outside the top 100 this year though.

FromSoft games (in general) seem to be placing higher than ever and I think we all know what brought that on. 5 games in the top 100 and not a bad debut for the catalyst itself.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tears of the Kingdom make its dramatic entrance next year. Probably the only game that has a shot at dethroning its predecessor.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Tagging so I can go through this later. Thanks for all the effort mZuzek!

Great work mZuzek! Thanks for putting everything together and hosting this again!

The top 10 is pretty ridiculous, in more ways than one, all Mario and Zelda except for Chrono Trigger. But hey, it is what it is, the people have spoken. Can't say I can complain. Glad, obviously, that Ocarina of Time still holds its ground at 2nd place and the winner is no surprise. Kind of sad that Link's Awakening isn't much higher, and that Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic again misses out on the Top 100. Also I see I was the only voter on like half the games on my list, even some more well known things like RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, MediEvil, Theme Hospital, Call of Duty 1 or Duck Hunt.

mZuzek said:

Whew, that was a lot. Hope there aren't too many mistakes, I did catch quite a few of them as I was building the thread, as always I ask that you tell me if you find anything spotty.

Hope y'all enjoyed this year's Greatest Games Event!

In the top 100 a few numbers are wrong, like #50 being there twice.

Great job as always.

The GOAT is #1 again of course.

Kinda expected Elden Ring to be higher up.

Well, I did this last year, so might as well go again.

Seven games appeared only on my list:

• Grandia II (#1113)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (#1010)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (#974)
  • Grandia (#714)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (#510)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Ch. (#445)
  • Freespace 2 (#396)

21 games from my list made it into the top 100, while another nine landed between #100 and #200. Four made it into the top 20, and just two were in the top 10. Those last four were:

• Final Fantasy VI at #20 (my #17)
  • The Last of Us at #17 (my #13)
  • Super Mario Bros 3 at #7 (my #38)
  • Breath of the Wild at #1 (my #39)

From my own top 10, not a single game was in the collective top 20, the closest being my #9 (Final Fantasy X) which came in at #24 in the full list. The rest, in order from 1st to 10th, came in at:

• #42 (Final Fantasy IX) 
  • #157 (The Legend of Dragoon)
  • #396 (Freespace 2)
  • #59 (Dark Souls)
  • #170 (Valkyria Chronicles)
  • #28 (Shadow of the Colossus)
  • #510 (Trails in the Sky SC)
  • #50 (Bloodborne)
  • #38 (Elden Ring)

Finally, thanks for putting this thing together once again mZusek. Always fun to take part.

I think I'll do some stats as well for fun:

- Just above half my list made it into the top 100 (26 games).

- 5 games from my top 10 made it into the combined top 100 and 4 games from the combined top 10 were present on my list (the top 4 in fact).

- Like last year there's only one overlap between my top 10 and the combined one (Breath of the Wild, #9 on my list).

- Of the top 100 games I've played 86 of them (including the full top 40). That does include a couple that I never completed though.

- And finally, 4 games were "unique" to my list:

• The Talos Principle (#49)
  • Tales of Xillia 2 (#31)
  • Black Mesa (#8)
  • StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (#5)

(I was pleasantly suprised to see DDLC got another vote this year)

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat