By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1133 Greatest Games, as of 2022

Mnementh said:

Thanks mZuzek for hosting the event. I look into it in more detail later. Although I had thought Elden Ring would be able to crack the TOP 10. Maybe next year.

Sadly I don't think anything non-Nintendo is cracking the top 10 anytime soon. We got Chrono Trigger still hanging in there for life, at least, but I think the only other franchise to make it inside the top 10 somewhat recently was Final Fantasy and those saw a really steep decline this year.

To be honest, for a long time I didn't think Elden Ring would even crack the top 100, it was in very few of the first half of the lists I compiled, only by the end did the votes start coming in.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Another year of Symphonia making the top 100 by a hair's breadth, glad to see my number 1 hanging in there!
A bit of shame Undertale and Celeste fell outside the top 100 this year though.

FromSoft games (in general) seem to be placing higher than ever and I think we all know what brought that on. 5 games in the top 100 and not a bad debut for the catalyst itself.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tears of the Kingdom make its dramatic entrance next year. Probably the only game that has a shot at dethroning its predecessor.

And yeah, it was probably the strongest year yet by FromSoftware games, by far I think. I remember Dark Souls missing out on the top 100 recently, now they got several games in there.

Also wondering if Tears of the Kingdom has a shot at #1. Honestly I'm just excited by the prospect of there being a contest, because at the moment nothing comes close to Breath of the Wild.

Kakadu18 said:
mZuzek said:

Whew, that was a lot. Hope there aren't too many mistakes, I did catch quite a few of them as I was building the thread, as always I ask that you tell me if you find anything spotty.

Hope y'all enjoyed this year's Greatest Games Event!

In the top 100 a few numbers are wrong, like #50 being there twice.

That's actually not a mistake, it's like that because there was a tie. So there's two #50's, and then the one behind them is #52. I'm just glad there wasn't a tie for #100, or else I couldn't call it the top 100!

Around the Network

Wow, that must've been a lot of work. Much appreciated mZuzek, hopefully it was a distraction from Liverpool's terrible form.

Great work as always! This is always a fun event for the end of the year. I actually thought the Top 100 has some pretty good variety. It is only in the Top 20 or so that Nintendo really starts to dominate.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Excellent job with the lists! I always enjoy looking over all the games, and discovering new games, or seeing if there is something I forgot to add that I may want to include in my top list next year.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Another year of Symphonia making the top 100 by a hair's breadth, glad to see my number 1 hanging in there!
A bit of shame Undertale and Celeste fell outside the top 100 this year though.

FromSoft games (in general) seem to be placing higher than ever and I think we all know what brought that on. 5 games in the top 100 and not a bad debut for the catalyst itself.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tears of the Kingdom make its dramatic entrance next year. Probably the only game that has a shot at dethroning its predecessor.

I did my part, I have Tales of Symphonia at #20 on my list!

Around the Network

Managed to read through all the results now. Great effort as always mZuzek - love the banners for the top 100.

Some observations:

• The highest rank to feature on my own list (at 46th) is The Last of Us at #17.
  • My No.1 game is ranked #94 overall.
  • Most pleasing result for me: Shadow of the Colossus holding steady at #28.
  • The lowest rank with 4 voters is Limbo at #374. The highest rank with 2 voters is WarCraft III at #214.
  • Cyberpunk 2077's rehabilitation takes it from #222 last year to #125 this year.
  • All of the Souls games (and Bloodborne) gained in rank. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls III entered the top 100. All were below Elden Ring's debut at #38 though.
  • StarCraft: Brood War re-entered the top 100, at #45 (yey!).
  • OoT overtakes SMG for #2.
  • Chrono Trigger breaks the Mario & Zelda sweep of the top 10; last year Super Metroid did the same thing.

Machina said:
  • Chrono Trigger breaks the Mario & Zelda sweep of the top 10; last year Super Metroid did the same thing.

Speaking of Super Metroid, it ended up only a single point ahead of Metroid Prime this year. As much as it saddens me to see it drop out of the top 10, it would've been cool to see those two tied, I'm not sure there's ever been a tie that high up the list.

Edit: hmm, looking back, there was actually a tie for #6 between Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past just two years ago. That's a record I don't think can be surpassed.

Last edited by mZuzek - on 18 January 2023

Probably my fault Super Metroid fell out then. I scratched Super Metroid off my list this year. Though I only had it at 36 last year so maybe that still wouldn't be enough to stay ahead of Chrono Trigger.

S.Peelman said:

Probably my fault Super Metroid fell out then. I scratched Super Metroid off my list this year. Though I only had it at 36 last year so maybe that still wouldn't be enough to stay ahead of Chrono Trigger.

It would've been enough.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

It would've been enough.

Lmao