By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sell-through expectations for the PlayStation 5 in 2023?

Sell-through expectations for the PlayStation 5 in 2023?

Less than 12 million 56 8.22%

12.0 - 13.9 million 29 4.26%

14.0 - 15.9 million 73 10.72%

16.0 - 17.9 million 100 14.68%

18.0 - 19.9 million 142 20.85%

20.0 - 21.9 million 116 17.03%

22.0 - 23.9 million 49 7.20%

24.0 - 25.9 million 28 4.11%

26.0 - 28.0 million 11 1.62%

More than 28 million 77 11.31%

Total:681
curl-6 said:

Yeah I cannot see it doing under 20 million.
I mean, I suppose it's possible if supply chokes again, but with Sony themselves saying shortages have abated, that doesn't seem likely.

I just read the bet in your signature... I don't know how you got laser to agree to that bet...there is a legit chance that the PS5 clears 50 million by itself...

Around the Network

Looking like an easy 20 million+ unless shortages go "surprise motha fucka".

CosmicSex said:
curl-6 said:

I mean, I suppose it's possible if supply chokes again, but with Sony themselves saying shortages have abated, that doesn't seem likely.

I just read the bet in your signature... I don't know how you got laser to agree to that bet...there is a legit chance that the PS5 clears 50 million by itself...

He came up with that himself and is 100% certain that both the PS5 and XBS are going to crater out of nowhere this year. Beyond ridiculous.

Considering they increased their fiscal outlook to 19 million... I am now more confident in my 22-23.9 million prediction. This prediction will be revisited of course in May when we get Sony's official outlook for full FY 2023.

With the recent Japan sales and the forecast increase my prediction of around 18m is already looking like it could be too low. The first few weekly sales this year are gonna be very telling.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
CosmicSex said:

He came up with that himself and is 100% certain that both the PS5 and XBS are going to crater out of nowhere this year. Beyond ridiculous.

I think at this point he's just in denial. He predicted 3,5 million for Xbox this year, like WTF

I'm sure he misinterpreted how JP markets operates with western ones. In Japan is ok for someone have a Switch only as they don't play many western games anyway, but in the Americas and Europe having either Xbox, a Playstation or a PC is close to mandatory unless you are a hard-core Nintendo fan who don't even bother with PS and Series except when Nintendo is having severe droughts. 

The console that have odds to cannibalize PS5/Series sales is Switch 2, but until Switch 2 comes out and solves all its own supply constraints (not going to happen until 2026 at earliest) both PS and Series sales would be very advanced in their licecycles, they will coexist in the same way Switch with PS4 and Xbone

IcaroRibeiro said:
Kakadu18 said:

I think at this point he's just in denial. He predicted 3,5 million for Xbox this year, like WTF

Laser: Would be good for Series XS to sell 3.5 million globally this year.

Also Laser: Playstation is a weak brand in the US. Series XS will double PS5's sales there.

Also Laser: Stop being delusional y'all.

Dude's nothing short of a VGC legend.

CosmicSex said:
curl-6 said:

I'd go so far as to say that 50 million by year's end is almost guaranteed, and 56 million for PS5 alone is on the table, though probably not the most likely outcome if only cos of supply limitations.

Kyuu said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Laser: Would be good for Series XS to sell 3.5 million globally this year.

Also Laser: Playstation is a weak brand in the US. Series XS will double PS5's sales there.

Also Laser: Stop being delusional y'all.

Dude's nothing short of a VGC legend.

Considering how he doesn't reply to counterarguments much anymore and his posts are generally far shorter now I think it's likely he's just trolling at this point.

I certainly see something around the likes of 18M-20M more than enough plausible depending on how the customers reacts to the influx of booming stocks in the upcoming year.
I think Europe will get a lot of that stick they should've had way before in favor of the US during the previous year. Though, it is still to see how the increase in prices will affect the more general market cuz they're certainly not the kind prices you can drop on a weekly drip of the moment.

The fiscal year end report will be most enlightening to what's gonna come up in the end

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909