By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiplat 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

Sonic Superstars - 85
Modern Warfare III - 81

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Mirage up to 77 now.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

First reviews are in for Sonic Superstars and it's not looking great a score of just 74, only 9 reviews so far though so a lot can still happen.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - 77

I've been wanting to change my Sonic score down to 70-75 for a while, but I kept procrastinating, thinking the embargo lifts at release lol. I literally logged in just for that and Avatar, which I'm now predicting to score 80.

Around the Network

Lowering my Avatar prediction to a 78.

Allow me to abuse my role as host for a minute to advertise that The Talos Principle II has just released to excellent reviews with a score of 87 and 100 % critic recommendation so far. It's the sequel to one of my favorite games, which I'm replaying at the moment, so definitely excited to try the new one afterwards. Check them out if you like puzzle games.

Dang, I had meant to lower my MW3 prediction somewhat to 74 and now I can't because IGN seems to have broken embargo and posted their review early.

Well, I will lower my Avatar prediction to 80 at least, my original 83 seems a tad overzealous for a modern Ubisoft game.

shikamaru317 said:

Dang, I had meant to lower my MW3 prediction somewhat to 74 and now I can't because IGN seems to have broken embargo and posted their review early.

Well, I will lower my Avatar prediction to 80 at least, my original 83 seems a tad overzealous for a modern Ubisoft game.

Yea if 4 reviews were enough for a score MW3 would be sitting at 45 right now. Yikes. Seems to only be based on the campaign but not a good sign.

Also I know this is probably a bug since it doesn't have a score yet but it's pretty damn funny:

Ok so I'm kind of jumping the gun here since MWIII only has 8 reviews and they seem to only be based on the campaign, but nevertheless it does have an opencritic score now and it's 53 with 0 % critic recommendation. Ouch.

Obviously it's likely the score will increase when the full batch of reviews starts coming in, but for now it's 22 points below the most pessimistic prediction.