By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox OpenCritic Prediction League - 2023 Edition

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

To me, bad technical performance is issues with bugs, crashes, and things of that nature. Even if it's 30fps at launch, as long as it's a stable 30fps with no bugs/crashes, and then most importantly, the game turns out to be ACTUALLY good, it shouldn't dock too many points, if any since reviewers still go over the 30fps option that games have available. 

So as long as Redfall is good at launch, I think it'll be mid-80s. Pretty much all Arkane games review incredibly well, they just don't sell well, and because of the marketing and PR blunders this game has had, it'll most likely be another Arkane title that delivers but underwhelms in sales. 

I hope you are right, but I was remembering the last game to be limited to 30 fps on consoles, Gotham Knights, and I went back and looked at it's reviews, and many of it's lowest reviews specifically cite the low framerate as one of the issues that deducted points from their scores. Admittedly Gotham Knights had some drops even below 30 fps, while Redfall will presumably be locked 30 fps on quality mode, but I definitely see technically oriented critics deducting points for having 30 fps only on release.

That is a good point. Hopefully, knowing beforehand that 60fps is coming will help keep those kinds of reviewers at bay. Unlike Gotham Knights where the devs made it clear before launch that the game would always be at 30fps with no additional options down the road. 

Around the Network

Gotta lower my Redfall score from 84 to 72.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Need a dopamine hit to give a shit

I'm lowering my Redfall prediction to 74.

smroadkill15 said:

Age of Empires 2: 80
Goldeneye: 70
Minecraft Legends: 76
Forza Motorsport: 90
Redfall: 86
Starfield: 89
Ara: 81
Age of Empires 4: 78

Changing Redfall to 81. 

Damn, how'd I miss this thread?!

Oh well, better late than never:

• Redfall - 76
  • Starfield - 87
  • Ara - 74 (never heard of it before so haven't a clue)
  • Forza - 89
  • AoE IV - 79

Around the Network
Machina said:

Oh well, better late than never:

• Redfall - 76
  • Starfield - 87
  • Ara - 74 (never heard of it before so haven't a clue)
  • Forza - 89
  • AoE IV - 79

Ara is a 4X grand strategy game similar to Sid Meier’s Civilization. The developer, Oxide Games, claim to fame is that they house former Firaxis developers. Specifically those that worked on Civ V. I’ve played a couple of the technical alphas, and so far it’s been great! I’m not a huge fan of Civ VI, but Civ V is my favorite! 

NobleTeam360 said:

Age of Empires 2: 70
Goldeneye: 71
Minecraft Legends: 75
Forza Motorsport: 88
Redfall: 85
Starfield: 90
Ara: 73
Age of Empires 4: 83

Lowering Redfall to an 80

Machina said:

That's because you're new to the forum and don't know much of it yet, but you'll learn all about it in due time

Kyuu said:

Age of Empires 2: 80
Goldeneye: 76
Minecraft Legends: 76
Forza Motorsport: 89
Redfall: 85
Starfield: 89
Ara: 80
Age of Empires 4: 80

Redfall - 81

Starfield - 88

Age of Empires 4 - 82

I want to lower my Starfield prediction down to 89.