By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox OpenCritic Prediction League - 2023 Edition

Age of Empires II - 84
Goldeneye 007 - 74
Minecraft Legends - 80
Forza Motorsport 8 - 86
Redfall - 84
Starfield - 86
ARA - 88
Age of Empires IV - 80

Hi-Fi Rush - 86

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 26 January 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Age of Empires II - 82
Goldeneye 007 - 82
Minecraft Legends - 86
Forza Motorsport 8 - 86
Redfall - 84
Starfield - 91
ARA - 88
Age of Empires IV - 80
Hi-Fi Rush - 88

VersusEvil said:

Age of Empires II - 84
Goldeneye 007 - 74
Minecraft Legends - 80
Forza Motorsport 8 - 86
Redfall - 84
Starfield - 86
ARA - 88
Age of Empires IV - 80

Hi-Fi Rush - 86

jason1637 said:

Age of Empires II - 82
Goldeneye 007 - 82
Minecraft Legends - 86
Forza Motorsport 8 - 86
Redfall - 84
Starfield - 91
ARA - 88
Age of Empires IV - 80
Hi-Fi Rush - 88

sorry y'all. I ended HFR predictions before these post as there was 2 reviews out.

With that being said, we are now done with Goldeneye predictions after this post as there's reviews for it.

Age of Empires II - 80
Minecraft Legends - 88
Forza Motorsport 8 - 83
Redfall - 81
Starfield - 88
ARA - 83
Age of Empires IV - 79

Last minute change

Age of Empires 2 DE: 80 --> 82 based on the controller UI looking solid in the just released video. 

Around the Network

AoE II predictions now closed after this post, reviews are coming out

we'll allow that last minute change Shika because it's on us for not closing earlier.

ice said:

AoE II predictions now closed after this post, reviews are coming out

we'll allow that last minute change Shika because it's on us for not closing earlier.

I will clarify that I didn't look at any reviews before the change, the change was based purely on the controller UI video that gto posted over on Empire (which was the last piece of missing info I needed for a prediction), didn't even realize the embargo had dropped already. I did look at Opencritic earlier today to see where Goldeneye and HiFi were at, but I saw nothing on Opencritic about new AoE 2 reviews, and we are using Metacritic for AoE 2 so that PC reviews don't skew the average, and I didn't look at Metacritic until just now when you said that some reviews are out already.

I see it's sitting on an 86 average right now, impressive if it can maintain that number. I did tell you guys several posts up that it has a chance of outreviewing the original PC release because the original PC release had some major issues with AI pathing and balance, things which have since been patched, meaning Xbox has better balance and AI pathing on launch than the original PC release. 

Kakadu18 said:

Age of Empires IV - 79

Change to 83 please.

~Updated to Here~

Few Stats.

• Average Prediction for Hi-Fi Rush is 81.6 and it's Currently Sitting at 90 with 51 Reviews.
  • Average Prediction for Goldeneye 007 is 73.9 - Currently Not Enough Reviews.
  • Average Prediction for Age of Empires II: DE (Xbox Series X) is 80.6 and it's Currently Sitting at 87 with 12 Reviews.

Age of Empires II for Xbox increased the overall score on OpenCritic by 1, Lol.

Not a good start for me, Lol. Severely underscored Hi-Fi Rush, I also lowballed Age 2 thinking that it would be along the lines of "It's a good port, but controller is an inferior experience" and instead it became "It's a brilliant port, the controller experience is amazing"

As it stands right now, most of us have started pretty badly if these scores hold up, Lmao.

So hey, if anyone still hasn't got any predictions in, you can still win!