By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox OpenCritic Prediction League - 2023 Edition

That Redfall predictions...

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

Nobody would've expect to be at 59 for the first Xbox game sold at 70$

SKMBlake said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Especially since all of the critics who got invited to the preview event gave it positive previews except for PC Gamer. 

SKMBlake said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Yep avg. prediction here for it was like 80,8.
its currently at 61 on opencritic.

When the lowest Redfall prediction wasn’t low enough … after playing a decent amount my biggest complaint is the world feels lifeless with very little do in its open world. On a technical level it’s pretty solid with no crashes or bugs so far. Gameplay is fine after getting used to its over-assisting aim assist with no way to turn it off. It’s a hell of a lot better than anything that should get 50s but 62-66 is around what it deserves.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

When the lowest Redfall prediction wasn’t low enough … after playing a decent amount my biggest complaint is the world feels lifeless with very little do in its open world. On a technical level it’s pretty solid with no crashes or bugs so far. Gameplay is fine after getting used to its over-assisting aim assist with no way to turn it off. It’s a hell of a lot better than anything that should get 50s but 62-66 is around what it deserves.

Many people experienced severe technical issues and have various other complaints beyond that.

Kakadu18 said:
VersusEvil said:

Many people experienced severe technical issues and have various other complaints beyond that.

Personally I have only encountered 2 technical issues, the slow loading textures and the Vampire enemies that sometimes break and neither attack you nor can be shot by you. I wouldn't call either severe, not by my measure, neither is gamebreaking, I have played games in the past that straight up broke and left me unable to progress. Based on my 12 hours of Redfall playtime so far, I'd say it's a 6.5/10 game right now, with potential to go higher if they provide significant updates post-launch to things like the bugs, technical performance, enemy AI, weapon system, levelling system, and the world design. They said they were committed to fixing it, but just how committed is the question, only committed enough to fix the bugs and technical issues and release the promised 2 DLC characters, or committed enough to go in and make significant changes to the game post-launch in the way that CD Projekt did with Cyberpunk 2077? 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 May 2023

Kakadu18 said:
VersusEvil said:

Ok

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Lowering starfield to 86

NobleTeam360 said:

Lowering Starfield to an 88.

You know what, Starfield is gonna be a banger. Upping Starfield to a 91. 

Last edited by NobleTeam360 - on 30 May 2023