By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2023

3rd update of the year.

(57 completed games):

Games I've finished in 2023:

DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (Game Pass)
Soccer Story (Game Pass)
Super Sunny Island
Nobody Saves the World (Game Pass)
Rift Racoon
Genesis Noir (Game Pass)
Alveole
Explosive Candy World
Fluffy Cubed
Little Mouse's Encyclopedia
Chess Brain: Dark Troops
Can Androids Pray: Blue
Pukan, Bye-Bye!
SIGNALIS (Game Pass)
Dyna Bomb
Devoured by Darkness
Persona 4 Golden (Game Pass)
No Thing
The Pillar: Puzzle Escape
Infernax (Game Pass)
Before I Forget
The Legend of the Dragonflame Highschool Collection
Hot Wheels Unleashed (Game Pass)
Besiege (Game Pass)
Umurangi Generation Special Edition (Game Pass)
XIII
A Plague Tale: Requiem (Game Pass)
Bright Memory
No Time to Relax
Iris Fall
Rain City
Seduction: A Monk's Fate
890B
When the Past Was Around
Full Throttle Remastered (Game Pass)
Shadow Warrior 3 Definitive Edition (Game Pass)
AntVentor
Soul Hackers 2 (Game Pass)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Aery - Path of Corruption
Twin Mirror
Cyber Pool
The Lost Cube
Stela
The Journey Down: Chapter One
Anno 1800 Console Edition
F1 2021 (EA Play via Game Pass)
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - The Prince's Edition (Game Pass)
Pnevmo-Capsula
Cave Bad
Arenas Of Tanks
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
Thunder Kid II: Null Mission
Voyage
Castle Walker
Hardspace: Shipbreaker (Game Pass)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Currently working on:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Game Pass)
Chorus (Game Pass)
Far Cry 6
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Owlboy

Last edited by Barozi - on 30 April 2023

Around the Network

1) Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5
2) Medium - PS5
3) Ghostwire Tokyo - PS5
4) Jedi Fallen Order - PS5
5) Forspoken - PS5
6) Shadow Warrior 2 - PS4
7) Hogwarts Legacy - PS5
8) Scarlet Nexus - PS5
9) Oninaki - PS5
10) The Pedestrian - PS4
11) The Forgotten City - PS5
12) Valkyrie Elysium - PS5
13) Far Cry New Dawn - PS4
14) HFW: Burning shores - PS5
15) Erica - PS4
16) TMNT: SR - PS5

1) Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5
2) Medium - PS5
3) Ghostwire Tokyo - PS5
4) Jedi Fallen Order - PS5
5) Forspoken - PS5
6) Shadow Warrior 2 - PS4
7) Hogwarts Legacy - PS5
8) Scarlet Nexus - PS5
9) Oninaki - PS5
10) The Pedestrian - PS4
11) The Forgotten City - PS5
12) Valkyrie Elysium - PS5
13) Far Cry New Dawn - PS4
14) HFW: Burning shores - PS5
15) Erica - PS4
16) TMNT: SR - PS5
17) Dead Island 2 - PS5

ice said:

ah updated list

Completed

1. Nobody Saves the World - 1,000G
2. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 1,000G
3. Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising  - 1,000G
4. High on Life - 1,000G
5. Spongebob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake - 1,000G

DLC

1. Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties

Games I'm currently working on

- Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition
- Merge & Blade

Ongoing games I need to stop playing

- Sea of Thieves 
- Halo Infinite

Haven't updated this inna minute, need to pick up pace a bit

Completed

1. Nobody Saves the World - 1,000G
2. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 1,000G
3. Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising  - 1,000G
4. High on Life - 1,000G
5. Spongebob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake - 1,000G
6. Merge & Blade - 840/1000
7. Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition - 1,000G
8. Life is Strange: True Colors - 1,000G
9. Bugsnax - 1,000G

Games I'm working on

Danganronpa 2
Dead island 2
Sea of Theives (never ending)

The Fury said:

So, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars Fallen Order. Guardian's of the Galaxy. FF9. Ghost of Tsushima, Borderlands 3, Prey, Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Persona 5... technically.

So, I've played and completed it before, great game, fun and story elements are interesting. In this run I was just there to see if I can do a couple of more trophies. Got them, 1 of them by 1 day, not even kidding. That dang gun kid never showed up to the arcade, I hate limited time mechanics in games. Got maxed all confidents and did all requests.

Now on the last run to the final boss and honestly have no intention of doing any more so counting it there.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Just Finished: The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition (PS5)

This is my first time every playing a walking simulator. I went into this game blind not knowing what to expect other than that it reviewed really well. I won't spoil anything here. The game is certainly a unique experience. The narrator gives an excellent performance and is really the heart and soul of the game. The graphics and presentation are really nothing special but this did start out life as a Half-Life 2 mod. There are a lot of different ends and branching pathways. Some of them are funny and interesting to experience firsthand. Even though the game is rated E10+ there are some dark themes here. A lot of people reportedly feel very uncomfortable engaging with the game's structure venturing into the unknown. I have to say that felt the same way. If this was an M rated horror game, it would be very effective and scary to play. All the trophies are gold and most of them are pretty simple to get. A few take too much time and effort to workaround and I believe I encountered a bug that is stopping me from getting one of the trophies. I don't usually play games like this but it is nice to tackle a smaller indie after a massive game like GTA V. While I'm a huge proponent of playing games rather than watching them being played I think I could have felt much of the same satisfaction and entertainment had I watched videos of someone else playing the game online and saved myself a few bucks in the process. Still I sunk about 5 hours into it. That has to be worth something.

Score: 7/10

Full Completed 2023 List:

• Super Mario World (NSO)
  • Star Fox (NSO)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
  • Donkey Kong Country (NSO)
  • The Legend of Zelda (NSO)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
  • The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition (PS5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Finished

• Chained Echoes
  • God of War: Ragnarök
  • Metroid Prime Remastered 
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake (Excellent remake, took a while to adapt to the changes but once I did I enjoyed it tremendously)

Current

• Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  • Lone Fungus (almost done)

On the backburner

• Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII: Reunion
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Rogue Legacy 2
  • Returnal

I don't remember a period as packed with games I'm genuinely hyped for as the next few weeks. It started with Jedi Survivor, then Tears of the Kingdoms, Street Fighter 6, Diablo IV and Final Fantasy XVI all in quick succession!

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 08 May 2023

Signature goes here!

The Fury said:

So, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars Fallen Order. Guardian's of the Galaxy. FF9. Ghost of Tsushima, Borderlands 3, Prey, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Persona 5

Sackboy's Adventure

Surprising fun but can't go wrong with a good platformer. Standard traditional 'items' and progress, legit found it really challenging in places but in a good way, and little surprising as I presume it's a title aimed at a younger audience or parents with younger audience anyway, main story and main set of levels done. One level was sooo good as it used the music to perfection, loved that level. I need to do the MP side of things though, my mate has it from PS+ but has yet to play it. Hard to entice him to.

Last edited by The Fury - on 08 May 2023

Hmm, pie.

Feels weird but I think my first post actually never registered so I'll do this from scratch !

Finished games :

- Live A Live, 100%(Switch) 

- Pacman World Re-Pac (Switch)

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed (Switch)

Currently playing :

- Octopath Traveler II (NS)

- XC3 Future Redeemed (NS)

- Digimon Survive (NS)

To be played : 

- The Legend of Zelda : Tears of the Kingdom (NS)

- Kirby Return To Dreamland Deluxe (NS)

- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS)

... Want to stay in the immediate so I won't suggest my whole backlog lol.

Surprised at how little I've completed despite playing quite a lot still. Damn curse of the long RPGs and adventure games haha.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 08 May 2023

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Another new game to add to the list.

Finished Games:

1. Monster Hunter World (+Iceborne) (PS4) My rating: 9/10
    • I spent roughly 150 hours playing through MHW, and I never once got tired of hunting monsters and trying to find more materials to craft new weapons and armor. I'm not sure what else I can say. Very few games can hold my interest for such a long time. An excellent game, and without question the best game in the series I've played.
  2. Superhot (PS4) My rating: 8/10
    • A fun puzzle game with a unique gimmick and a clever twist to its story. 
  3. Control (PS4) My rating: 9 / 10
    • Remedy's best game so far. I love the setting, story, characters, and gameplay. The developer has created a world that is wonderfully twisted in various small ways, leading to a constant sense of unease as nothing feels completely right, from the way characters act to the Oldest House itself. With two very good DLC releases as well, Control turned out to be one of the better games I've played in a while. In terms of complaints, the Hiss end up becoming slightly dull as enemies by the end of the game, and the upgrade and mod systems don't feel as impactful as I'd like. Regardless, this is an excellent game.
  4. Katamari Damacy REROLL (Switch) My rating: 8.5 / 10
    • A wonderful game to just lean back and relax for a while. Something delightfully cathartic to just roll everything in sight into a giant rolling ball of destruction. It's an utterly silly game, but the only other option would be sheer horror, so it's perfect.
  5. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC) My rating: 8.5 / 10
    • Been on a really good roll when it comes to video games lately, and Senua's Sacrifice was another great game to add to the list. Ninja Theory have long been one of my favourite developers, but I didn't get around to this game until now for whatever reason. Still, I'm glad I finally did because it's great. The story is well-told and intriguing, but the true star here is Senua herself and her characterization as a person losing her grip on reality and suffering from psychosis. Melina Juergens does an exceptional job in the lead role. It's genuinely one of the best performances I've ever seen in a video game. I also love how the environment adds to this sense of lost control, as it shifts around Senua and makes her see things that might not actually be there. The puzzles where the player has to find patterns in the environment or align certain parts of it are also fitting considering Senua as a character. The weakest aspect of the game is definitely the combat, which while fun in small doses, gets really repetitive after a while, and fighting more than one enemy at a time can be exceptionally frustrating. That's the one aspect I hope the sequel improves upon.
  6. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) My Rating: 8 / 10
    • A fun, rhythm action game with a few shortcomings that keep if from true greatness. The Hyrule setting is great, and the gameplay is a lot of fun once you get accustomed to it. I played the game through with my wife in co-op, and for the most part it's a great for that. There are a few battles that feel a bit unfair in co-op, but otherwise no issues with the game.
  7. Cosmic Star Heroine (PC) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
    • Basically a tribute to classic SNES era JRPGs with some modern concessions. The battle system is fast-paced and fun, the story moves at a very brisk pace, and the characters are instantly identifiable as separate people. However, the pace of the story is bit too fast, as very few moments get time to breathe, and as a result end up lacking in impact. It also leaves many of the characters woefully underdeveloped. The game could have taken a little more time to let the story develop. Now, even after doing most of the sidequests, I finished the game in little over 10 hours. It could have used just a few more hours for its story. Still, this is a fun game that definitely doesn't overstay its welcome.
  8. Super Mario RPG (SNES) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
    • I had never actually finished Super Mario RPG before. I had played the very beginning a long time ago on an emulator, but I figured that since I have the SNES classic I should finally get around to playing it properly. I did, and it's good. It's a simple, lighthearted, RPG with a nice, quirky sense of humour and an enjoyable battle system. Not among the console's (or Square's) finest RPGs, but a thoroughly fun time regardless.
  9. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (PS4) My Rating: 8 / 10
    • The first game in the Atelier-series I've actually played, though I've had my eyes on it for a long time. A relaxing, relatively easy RPG with a decent storyline, good cast, surprisingly varied battle system, and an item creation system that actually becomes very deep as the game progresses. Overall, I had a lot of fun with this one, and I'll probably come back for the sequels too at some point.
  10. The Legend of Dragoon (PS4) My Rating: 10 /10
    • I've talked about this one enough already. One of my favourite games ever. I do wish they would have done a little more with this rerelease, even if it was just an updated translation, because the English language script is just awful, and is easily the worst part of the game. The voice acting is the one other notable shortcoming, though that's more a sign of the era it was released in than anything else.
  11. Pinstripe (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • A 2D platformer with a cool art style and responsive gameplay. Not very challenging either. The story is quite good, with a few nice twists thrown in near the end. It is, however, very short, my one playthrough clocking in at barely 2.5 hours. There are two endings, so you can get more out of the game if you want. Nothing groundbreaking or exceptional, but a solid title nonetheless.
  12. AER: Memories of Old (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • A relaxing open world game where the focus is heavily on just flying around the world solving simple puzzles and listening to the story unfold. A nice little game to just wind down and experience once. The idea of a character being able to just turn into a bird at will and fly around the world freely is something I'd like to see explored more in games.
  13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS3) My Rating: 9/10
    • The third time I've played through DS2. Still the weakest in the series, still great, though I have to admit the game's flaws become more and more apparent as time passes and new games show how things can be done better. Will probably fall down a bit in my year end top 50.
  14. Astro's Playroom (PS5) My Rating: 8/10
    • Finally bought a PS5 for myself, and it felt fitting to play Astro's Playroom first. A genuinely fun, nostalgia-filled journey through the history of PlayStation. An easy game to play, but it's a perfect showcase for the controller, and I had a smile on my face through most of the game as I came across all the little nods, references and Easter eggs to past games and consoles found everywhere. 
  15. Horizon Forbidden West + Burning Shores (PS5) My Rating: 9/10
    • Still a bit unsure about the score I would give the game, but to put it simply, if Elden Ring wasn't a thing, Forbidden West would be my new all-time favourite open world game ever. Now its "only" second best. I spent almost 90 hours in this game over the last few weeks, and I never once got bored of playing it. I loved the expanded gameplay options from the first game, the increased focus on character development, the continuation of the story to some really unexpected directions, and the setting in general. While the first game felt like Aloy's journey to discover the history of the world as well as her own past, FW was much more about her learning to trust others and forging closer relationships with people, while obviously also fighting to save the world. In addition, Burning Shores is a frontrunner for the best DLC of the year thus far. 

Actively Playing:

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC)

Games in Queue:

• Persona 5 Royal
  • The Witcher-trilogy
  • Nier: Replicant
  • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
  • Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir