By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 49, 2022 (28 Nov - 04 Dec)

ShadowLink93 said:

OOF! Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope completely bombed. I wonder why the decline was so big from Kingdom Battle, by all accounts it is a better game.

Famitsu Sales: Week 49, 2022 (Nov 28 - Dec 04)

03./00. [NSW] Mario + Rabbids: Galaxy Battle (Nintendo) {2022.12.02} (¥5.980) - 17.647 / NEW

Famitsu Sales: Week 3, 2018 (Jan 15 - Jan 21)

01./00. [NSW] Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Nintendo) {2018.01.18} (¥5.980) - 86.956 / NEW <80-100%>

Probably too busy playing Pokemon to bother with another game right now

Around the Network
Norion said:

Didn't expect to see the PS4 return to 3rd place and 4.7 or 4.8 million for the Switch should be the total this year.

I think 4.85 million, that would mean 540k for the remaining 3 weeks which is an average of 180k per week.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Quite low opening for Mario + Rabbids.

So... Enough rabbids? Can we have a new 2D Platformer Rayman now...?

Kind of a shame.  I thought Sparks was absolutely amazing.  Really top notch game.  

ShadowLink93 said:
Norion said:

Didn't expect to see the PS4 return to 3rd place and 4.7 or 4.8 million for the Switch should be the total this year.

I think 4.85 million, that would mean 540k for the remaining 3 weeks which is an average of 180k per week.

That could happen though I expect it to be down at least a tad more those weeks compared to 2021.

ShadowLink93 said:
Norion said:

Looks like probably 4.75 on the low end, 4.85 on the high end. My guess is over 4.8m but maybe not quite 4.85

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Quite low opening for Mario + Rabbids.

So... Enough rabbids? Can we have a new 2D Platformer Rayman now...?

Kind of a shame.  I thought Sparks was absolutely amazing.  Really top notch game.  

Top notch game but I think overall, it's marketing was kinda butched in some ways. It was never as pushed like Kingdom Battle was really. 

Also I'm surprised the game wasn't release at the same time as in the west. Was it really that difficult to make a worldwide launch for Ubisoft/Nintendo ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Despite the "low" record for the Switch sales this week. It will prolly cruise around the 4.8M mark by the end of the calendar year.

Meantime, I feel like Kirby and the Forgotten Land is gonna gain a good momentum coming in the next 3 weeks during the rush of the Holidays.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A local retailer, GEO has recently announced that you can now buy a PS5 without being required to trade in your PS4 now.

What is required however is:

proof of your identity
a GEO app downloaded
a GEO - Ponta card
and of course a lucky draw from winning the lottery for the alloted PS5s

So stock has improved!

Farsala said:

A local retailer, GEO has recently announced that you can now buy a PS5 without being required to trade in your PS4 now.

proof of your identity
a GEO app downloaded
a GEO - Ponta card

So stock has improved!

What kind of foolishness is this?

All that should be required is enough money to cover the cost of purchase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Farsala said:

proof of your identity
a GEO app downloaded
a GEO - Ponta card

So stock has improved!

What kind of foolishness is this?

All that should be required is enough money to cover the cost of purchase.

Retailers taking advantage of the stock situation just as much as the scalpers.