By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft enters agreement to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo

Maybe MS can buy EA too and we can finally get NHL and Madden NFL on the Switch, lol.

Around the Network

It is honestly better for Sony to just sign the deal and use the next ten years while the deal is active to start to bring back KZ, MAG and Resistance at least that way if the deal is not renewed they'll have something to try and fill any void.

I do wonder if this will be an adaptation of the annualized sequels, or if we'll get a single dedicated CoD for the Switch and successors. I imagine the latter option would be more reasonable, considering the problems that come with optimizing for the Switch.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

MS: Hey, you want COD on your consoles for the next 10 years?

Nintendo: Umm...ok.....thanks!

Just makes me laugh a bit. Like Nintendo was just given this huge gift out of nowhere.lol

Leynos said:

Nintendosigns deal to bring more realistic depictions of war to Switch!

Advance Wars, a cartoon SRPG? Nintendo: NOOOO! NOT WHILE WAR IS HAPPENING!

"I only want them playing Call of Duty. For 10 years at least!"

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Ayla said:

Apples and oranges. 

goldeneye

son it started on the damn nintendo

Well… that is an orange…

For my next argument: Oranges and Mangos?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ayla said:

Not a game or gerne Nintendo fans care about.

Nintendo fan here, I played every Call of Duty on Wii and Wii U, and I enjoy FPS games as a genre, with Doom being my GOTY for 2016 and Doom Eternal my GOTY for 2020.

But please, tell me more about my own taste in games.

Switch isn't the Wii or DS and certainly not the Wii U ... it has a bigger core gamer foundational fan base. COD would do just fine on the Switch, probably go past 2 million when you look at games like Octopath Traveller (a niche JRPG) going well over 1 million and a very late and old port of Witcher 3 selling over 700k in a couple of months at full price. Pretty sure Fortnite did OK on the Switch and GoldenEye 007 will be extremely popular on the system too.

Soundwave said:

Switch isn't the Wii or DS and certainly not the Wii U ... it has a bigger core gamer foundational fan base. COD would do just fine on the Switch, probably go past 2 million when you look at games like Octopath Traveller (a niche JRPG) going well over 1 million and a very late and old port of Witcher 3 selling over 700k in a couple of months at full price. Pretty sure Fortnite did OK on the Switch and GoldenEye 007 will be extremely popular on the system too.

COD did well enough on Wii that it kept coming back year after year.

curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:

COD did well enough on Wii that it kept coming back year after year.

COD would do better on the Switch than the Wii versions did. Could probably top 2 million I think. 

The issue really is more that the current Switch can't run the console games as is and making a bespoke HD version is probably more costly these days. 

MS probably has been given some indication on the spec range for the Switch successor so they probably feel like that system can run CODs for a while at least.