By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft enters agreement to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo

Wonder what happens when this deal goes through and Sony never signed the 10 year contract, but Nintendo did.

我是广州人

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

Wonder what happens when this deal goes through and Sony never signed the 10 year contract, but Nintendo did.

I think one of the main things will be Sony won’t get to secure their year long exclusive content like they have before.  That and the obvious:  it’ll be a $70 game vs day one on gamepass 

Interesting. I wonder how they're going to be handling any games that would make it to the Switch, given the system's relative lack of power. The disparity won't be as bad once the Switch 2 comes out, though. I imagine that system will be closer to the PS4 & XBO in terms of power.

KratosLives said:

I can't imagine a single person on the nintento platform who would be interested in call of duty.

That's a bit hyperbolic to say that there's absolutely zero demand. While it's true that the Nintendo ports of older CoD games sold terribly compared to their PS & Xbox versions, they did sell. While it's hard to find concrete numbers for most of them, the Wii version of World at War did sell over a million copies, and did manage to just barely break into the NPD Top 20 in Dec. 2008. We're still looking at well under 10% of sales of any given CoD title being on Nintendo systems, but if the porting costs are minimal, it could be worth it even if only 500k-1M copies are sold.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Are there many Nintendo fans that care to see COD on the Switch and it's successor? Hell 10 years could even get us to the start of the successor to the Switch's successor. If it expands the user base of Nintendo' system, that is a good thing.

Shadow1980 said:

I imagine that system will be closer to the PS4 & XBO in terms of power.

Well the leaks suggest it will be based on Tegra T239, based on the T234 which can go up to 4TFlops (in theory). As the chip should be power-efficient, having 1/3 of this would be already great.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:

Are there many Nintendo fans that care to see COD on the Switch and it's successor? Hell 10 years could even get us to the start of the successor to the Switch's successor. If it expands the user base of Nintendo' system, that is a good thing.

It would sell reasonably well on the Switch ecosystem. Probably like 1-2 million copies, it's not nothing. Whether people like it or not it's still the defacto FPS shooter brand too so it would be nice to fill that genre gap. Hopefully the DOOM series remains on Switch going forward too. 

If games like Bayonetta 3 can find sales success on Switch, one of the biggest brands in gaming absolutely can.
The Switch isn't a system owned only by the Nintendo faithful like the Wii U, it has a larger install base than the PS4.

And many kids and teens only have a switch so there is potential to capture a market of several millions if not tens of millions.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

curl-6 said:

If games like Bayonetta 3 can find sales success on Switch, one of the biggest brands in gaming absolutely can.
The Switch isn't a system owned only by the Nintendo faithful like the Wii U, it has a larger install base than the PS4.

And it is sold at 40$, which is insane