By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft enters agreement to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo

CaptainExplosion said:

Eh, I didn't miss COD on Nintendo, so this makes no difference to me really.

It's honestly weird as I don't feel like playing COD, but it (and, say, GT5) not being on Switch bugs me. Maybe it is just the logic of not taking advantage of a clear market while monetization issues are always on the gameverse news as a pressing issue. Then again we Nintendo fans are probably the most numbers interested fanbase in gaming. 

I mean, I don't hear about PS and Xbox fans noting quarterly financial reports as a event of interest just to see how much X game has sold in three months. We're odd like that....again I think

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

If the deal closes and Activision Blizzard becomes part of Microsoft, by the time we start seeing Call of Duty on Nintendo platforms it is entirely possible the successor to the Switch would be available. I don't know the power it would have, but you would think it would be above PS4/Xbone. 

If the deal does close and COD would run COD smoother than Doom series on Switch 1 with Switch 2 the only thing I'm curious is better online infrastucture it should be as good as Wii U again or better hopefully better.

According to Brad Smith, Vice Chair and President at Microsoft, the contract has been signed:

After losing 4 generations of consoles, Microsoft finally understood that it had to follow Sega's path.

All that signed contract does is prove that Spencer lied when he said he couldn't talk about whether future Bethesda games would come to Playstation because of legal reasons as they had yet to fully acquire them. Now all of the sudden they can sign 10 year agreements for games they don't even own yet.

Around the Network
CloudxTifa said:

After losing 4 generations of consoles, Microsoft finally understood that it had to follow Sega's path.

Sega's curent path is to avoid releasing some of its heavy hitters on the Switch, like the Yakuza games or Judgment (and releasing them on Stadia instead), so hopefully that will not Microsoft's case

This whole thing is kinda weird to me.
Brad smith says "We’ve now signed a binding 10-year contract to bring Xbox games to Nintendo’s gamers"
But picture of the white text says "Call of duty".
Have they signed a deal to bring xbox game.. or Call of duty? Plus how can you sign a contract to bring a game you don't own yet.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 21 February 2023

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:

This whole thing is kinda weird to me.
Brad smith says "We’ve now signed a binding 10-year contract to bring Xbox games to Nintendo’s gamers"
But picture of the white text says "Call of duty".
Have they signed a deal for bring xbox game.. or Call of duty? Plus how can you sign a contract to bring a game you don't own yet.

Didn't you ever bet 1 million dollars when you were a kid even if you didn't had them ?

Oh, wow the deal actually says the games will be day and date and have feature parity too. Interesting. That's a pretty massive get for Nintendo. 

Microsoft is pretty much Nintendo's biggest 3rd party partner nowadays, lol (Minecraft, Call of Duty, Cuphead, etc.). 

Do Halo for Switch next, MS. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 21 February 2023

Soundwave said:

Oh, wow the deal actually says the games will be day and date and have feature parity too. Interesting. That's a pretty massive get for Nintendo. 

Microsoft is pretty much Nintendo's biggest 3rd party partner nowadays, lol (Minecraft, Call of Duty, Cuphead, etc.). 

Do Halo for Switch next, MS. 

You can bet Halo will come  in some form to Nintendo's next console, and yep rigth now MS is Nintendo's biggest 3rd party partner.

34 years playing games.