By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2022 NPD Thread (NPD Out Now)

Looking at it more closely, I really don't think all consoles sold over 1m. God of War bundles revenue contributes to PS5s total. OLED had a lot more stock than the Lite this year. While the XBS is last in units so the ASP overall impact from the cheap XBS S isn't that impactful to the total.

I think only PS5 sold over 1m. Something like

PS5- 1.1m
Switch- 950k
XBS- 900k

Around the Network

The fact that the Switch experienced practically a status quo from last year is pretty telling for the general audience appetite when it comes to the Switch hardware. It is still present.

Next, we go December where the Switch will pretty much rekt It's contemporaries.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Wow @ Gof of War beating Pokemon! Even with a higher price it had to sell quite a bir to beat the combined dollar sales of both games.

It didn't beat it. If Nintendo only included the Digital sales for Pokemon Scarlet & Violet for NPD, it would be 2nd, arguably, first.

CosmicSex said:

Wow @ Gof of War beating Pokemon! Even with a higher price it had to sell quite a bir to beat the combined dollar sales of both games.

God of War it's digital sales where counted those of Pokémon where not.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Need I remind yall of the almighty BOTW legs still fighting for a place in the Top 20 more than 5 years afters it's release on physical numbers alone, right behind it's newer counterpart Horizon Forbidden West.

It's difficult to think how any Zelda game in the future could replicate this kind of performance ....

In the meantime, MK8DX enters the Booster Pass course midpoint and sales are on the up as usual during the big season.

Wow, so much defensiveness from a few Nintendo fans all of the sudden. Bringing Zelda and Horizon into it after 5 years? Who gives a shit, take that crap to the weekly famitsu threads. We all know Nintendo doesn’t disclose digital numbers and that’s a Nintendo issue. If they had the insight to disclose digital then sure Pokemon would have placed higher. But they didn’t and in the NPD chart list God of War outsold Pokemon in its opening month with the data available. That’s it, those are the facts. It doesn’t diminish Nintendo in anyway because a Sony game is listed higher for one of the few times it happens. Jesus, puts the dicks away.

Blood_Tears said:

Wow, so much defensiveness from a few Nintendo fans all of the sudden. Bringing Zelda and Horizon into it after 5 years? Who gives a shit, take that crap to the weekly famitsu threads. We all know Nintendo doesn’t disclose digital numbers and that’s a Nintendo issue. If they had the insight to disclose digital then sure Pokemon would have placed higher. But they didn’t and in the NPD chart list God of War outsold Pokemon in its opening month with the data available. That’s it, those are the facts. It doesn’t diminish Nintendo in anyway because a Sony game is listed higher for one of the few times it happens. Jesus, puts the dicks away.

Hypothesis, argumentations of sales are very much part of the discourse for VGC sales thread. It's difficult to understand why you'd be so defensive about such discourse.

Anywoo, my personal take on BOTW is simply stating the objective fact that it is not so far in sales this month from a newer, yet much compared Sony adventure open world franchise than it has any right to be by defacto of being so old. 

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 10 December 2022

When you consider that God of War is selling the vast majority on PS5 (small install base) and how bundles aren't included in the rankings, outplacing Arceus's year to date physical sales in less than a month on NPD is a great feat. Sony's going to have a hell of a generation, but of course Nintendo doesn't stop growing either. I'd be surprised if Spider-Man 2 doesn't set a new launch record even though it's a PS5 exclusive.

Farsala said:

Looking at it more closely, I really don't think all consoles sold over 1m. God of War bundles revenue contributes to PS5s total. OLED had a lot more stock than the Lite this year. While the XBS is last in units so the ASP overall impact from the cheap XBS S isn't that impactful to the total.

I think only PS5 sold over 1m. Something like

PS5- 1.1m
Switch- 950k
XBS- 900k

Last year totaled 2.3m, a 45% increase would mean 3.35m. so maybe

PS5 - 1.25m

Switch - 1.1m

XBS - 1m