By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, apparently, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet is filled with glitches. Have you found any?

Tagged games:

So, I was wasting some time on Twitter, when I found this tweet about Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. And I found out that the game is being bashed on user reviews due to lots of glitches after the transition to open world. Since I haven't played this game, because Pokemon is not my cup of tea, I don't know if it's actually that bad.

Then, there's this video:

But what about your gameplay? Have you found any glitch that needs to be patched? Or we can forgive Game Freak for... Maybe, not testing the game properly?

Around the Network

The issues have been empirically documented at this point.

Poor framerates, bad frame pacing, barrier glitches, muddy textures, low-poly models, poor shadowing, bad animation framerates at distance, poor object draw distance, clipping issues... List goes on.

The fact this will still sell like gangbusters and probably move 20+ million units is going to ensure that the developers have no need to do better next time, why should they?

I would argue, Breath of the Wild on the WiiU is a technically more impressive title than Pokemon Scarlett/Violet on Switch in 2022... And that just shouldn't be the case.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Game Freak is pulling a Sonic Team with this franchise

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I was going to buy it then I saw all these issues. Is it as bad as Cyberpunk 2077 was at launch. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Beyond the glaring technical issues... You watch the first 5 minutes of this game and it looks and feels like Wii era shovelware. Everything about it is so incredibly ugly and outdated, the presentation is a mess, art direction all over the place. I see people praising the new textures on the Pokémon to make their fur look more "real" - it's good that they're trying at least, but it looks fanmade. Absolutely everything about this game looks completely amateur.

I was almost considering giving this one a chance, and then I saw it for more than 10 minutes, it made me want to vomit. It's the most glaringly rushed game I've seen in a long time. Take away the Pokémon name from it and no one would remember it a week from now, at least not as anything other than shovelware.

trunkswd said:

I was going to buy it then I saw all these issues. Is it as bad as Cyberpunk 2077 was at launch. 

Cyberpunk at least looked professionally made, before the glitches started popping up. This is just a joke, but it is what it is. People everywhere are still going like "well yeah it's a mess, but it's Pokémon so I'll still buy it". Sword/Shield were horrible but they're the highest grossing games in the series. It'll carry on like this.

Well, I'm more used to not caring about this franchise these days, here's to another 3 years of not paying it any attention.

Why am I not surprised...

My little brother is playing it and I am playing God of War, it is insane the difference between these two games. You can feel how much love and attention Santa Monica put on God of War and how rushed and without passion this Pokémon looks, but as we know this site is a Nintendo forum and they can't never do wrong.

youngbr said:

My little brother is playing it and I am playing God of War, it is insane the difference between these two games. You can feel how much love and attention Santa Monica put on God of War and how rushed and without passion this Pokémon looks, but as we know this site is a Nintendo forum and they can't never do wrong.

You must be new here.

Nobody bashes and criticizes Nintendo more than Nintendo fans.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 20 November 2022