By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Year on Year Charts Showdown: February 2024

Will the PS5'24 beat it's 23 year ?

Yes 3 20.00%

No 12 80.00%

Total:15

Looks like the PS5 is on track for a 20M year

Around the Network

Xbox Series is now falling behind 2021 as well? The last third of the year better show improvement or else things will be looking genuinely a bit dire.

Charts have been adjusted and updated with the data for September!

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

I find it pretty interesting how Xbox is doing worse this year despite 2022 basically having nothing of note (1st party-wise) but this year actually had a good amount of games that were released. Maybe more people are just opting to build gaming PC's instead of buying an Xbox system (which is what I did as well).

NobleTeam360 said:

I find it pretty interesting how Xbox is doing worse this year despite 2022 basically having nothing of note (1st party-wise) but this year actually had a good amount of games that were released. Maybe more people are just opting to build gaming PC's instead of buying an Xbox system (which is what I did as well).

The key difference between 2022 and 2023 is that there was once a PS5 shortage, which has since been resolved. People are no longer picking up an Xbox whenever curiosity strikes them to purchase Elden Ring or GTA.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah it's very possible the negative impact of them releasing all their first party games on PC the same day will be bigger this time around than for the Xbox One since for the latter that only started happening when it was already over 2.5 years old. 

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Looks like the PS5 is on track for a 20M year

Even without any holiday boost it's on track for >18m

Last year the Nov/Dec sales boost on top of what it was normally selling looks to be about 3m from that graph, and that was with very little help from Europe. Unless there is another major supply problem i'd be surprised if it was below 22m

New poll added! Vote now!

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 23 October 2023

Charts have been updated with the data for October!

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 21 November 2023

Charts have been updated with the data for November!