By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

Lmaoo.

This is so wild.

2nd title ever to reach 2m+ on Steam.

"Not designed to be played"

Yeah, these are weird takes. Yes, I understand where they are coming from, the game has obvious shortcomings and missing polishing. But nevertheless - it is just fun. How long it stays fun I cannot say, but even if it fizzles out after 20 hours or so, then I think that is worth it. The job of games is to be fun. It clearly succeeds on that account and player numbers show that I am not the only one. We could talk about the issues, but that doesn't change that it is fun. Seems similar to how basic Animal Crossing is - yet tens of millions of people play it.

And to add: I am happy a game I pay for once (or not at all because of GP) without microtransactions and battle passes can have this amount of success. It is better than if a MTX-riddled game sees this level of success.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
VersusEvil said:

This game wouldn’t be mentioned in here if it was multi platform, facts! 👀

It is multi-platform

But yeah, I guess not if it had multiple Console-platforms. Anyways, seems fair after Playstation had claimed Baldur's Gate as their "exclusive", which weirded me out as I already played it for a month (or years if you count early access) when it released on PS. At least Palworld is released parallel on PC and Xbox.

Yeah I even saw some of those kinds of comments of BG3 on this site and I'm like, congrats, I've been playing it for 3 years already

I'm sure Palworld will eventually release on PS when it reaches its 1.0 launch since IIRC, Sony doesn't have a "early access" policy on their platform. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
Mnementh said:

It is multi-platform

But yeah, I guess not if it had multiple Console-platforms. Anyways, seems fair after Playstation had claimed Baldur's Gate as their "exclusive", which weirded me out as I already played it for a month (or years if you count early access) when it released on PS. At least Palworld is released parallel on PC and Xbox.

Yeah I even saw some of those kinds of comments of BG3 on this site and I'm like, congrats, I've been playing it for 3 years already

I'm sure Palworld will eventually release on PS when it reaches its 1.0 launch since IIRC, Sony doesn't have a "early access" policy on their platform. 

They do but they're very specific with it, they only have a few, I imagine Palworld will be fast tracked though because $$$ but having said that, not sure who is going to port it, unless Sony does the port themselves I doubt Pocket Pair have the resources to add PlayStation on for a while yet.

Played Palworld today first time on Xbox and had no major issues.
Framerate can be a little choppy here and there but it's certainly playable.

For a Game Preview title I'm actually quite impressed with the performance and amount of bugs. Probably less buggy than Ark is right now.

Barozi said:

Played Palworld today first time on Xbox and had no major issues.
Framerate can be a little choppy here and there but it's certainly playable.

For a Game Preview title I'm actually quite impressed with the performance and amount of bugs. Probably less buggy than Ark is right now.

I've played a few hours on PC Game Pass and other than the AI not being the best, I don't think I've come across any actual bugs. At least nothing that was noticeable. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Legitimately impressive to pull off these kind of numbers on a weekday when many are at work or school.

Xbox indies select is a step to the old xbox live arcade days. Hope they will push it more.

shikamaru317 said:
Zippy6 said:

Legitimately impressive to pull off these kind of numbers on a weekday when many are at work or school.

Considering it's hitting its highest numbers each day during nighttime in eastern Asia, I have to think it's really blown up in that part of the world.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

That Halo CE Overshield and Camo!

Played a few hours of Palworld today. Survival games aren't really my cup of tea, but Palworld has been made more accessible than most of the other survival games I have tried like Grounded and Ark, thanks to the casual mode option, the tutorial, and just an all around better UI (especially compared to Ark, I was utterly lost in that UI when I tried to play it). It has some issues for sure, most notably either the framerate or frame pacing is very poor (because the game looks very choppy to me and I'm not even a big framerate nut, I usually don't see framerate issues), and the map isn't great (my next tutorial quest is send me to a tower but there is no marker on the map telling me where that is). With some more updates I think it could be a truly great game.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 January 2024