By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 37.14%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 62.86%

Total:35
gtotheunit91 said:
Imaginedvl said:

If the deal goes through, it will, they said that all games from Blizz/Act will be in GP.

Also, the leak we saw few days ago with the June 6th date was on Windows Store. Which points to them working toward that.

For the most part that's true, but not a guarantee. There still are games on the Windows Store that are not part of Game Pass. Like CoD: Infinite Warefare is on there for example.

MS still pushes games that are included on Game Pass but you can still dig through to find games that aren't on the service.

For first parties? I think they are trying to put them all on GP. But Microsoft stated themselves that this is their end goal for first parties; so if some are not; I would expect any new games to be.

One sure thing tho, is that it will not be day one (I forgot to mention that in my first response); it will take time (even if the deal closes before Diablo 4 is out).

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

If I was Phil, I would come to the CMA like this. Give me a time of how long you want COD on Sony system so we can make this happen. Hell, do you want us to allow Sony to pay us to put COD on PS Plus, that is fine. We will charge them an arm and a leg but they can have it. Hell, if you want we will throw in Overwatch in there for free.

Someone should just tell Microsoft how corrupt the Tories are so they can just bribe them to put pressure on CMA

They've been on a power trip since Brexit though

Lobbying in broke UK should be easy.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 December 2022

If anyone is interested, here are CMA's stats.

Phase 2 Outcomes

Jan 2019 - Nov 2022

• 68% result in deal mortality (comprising prohibition, unwind, and deal abandonment upon referral or during Phase 2); this compares to 30% for the period from CMA formation to end 2017;
  • 81% result in "intervention" in the sense of deal mortality or imposition of remedies, with 19% unconditionally cleared; this 81:19 split compares to a 56:44 split for the period from CMA formation to end 2017, which was consistent with the perceived Competition Commission (CC) long-run rate of approximately 50:50 from the introduction of the Enterprise Act to CMA formation (from mid-2003 to end March 2014).
  • 6% of Phase 2 cases have been/are being reviewed in parallel by the European Commission and the CMA (3 total).

Phase 2 Stats | Publications | Insights | Linklaters

68% of deals that make it to Phase 2 are killed, only 13% are cleared with remedies, for a total of 81% resulting in "intervention" and only 19% are cleared unconditionally, these are the stats for every deal that makes it to Phase 2 specifically.

Brexit has made them go gloves off, Lol. More than double killing deals and almost impossible to fight against them.

I'm with Hoeg now that I would put this deal at around a 40% chance of passing, CMA is in no shits given mode even at the best of times.

Edit - Few more stats.

Of the 13% Cleared With Remedies - 7/53.

• 6/7 of those Remedies were "Divestment" I.E. Sell off assets.
  • Only 1/7 was a Behavioural Remedy (I.E. CoD for 10 years).

Of the 19% (10/53) Cleared Unconditionally.

• 6/10 are either British companies merging with each other, or foreign companies acquiring British companies.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

We shouldn't assume that the people you think are completely relying on outside regulators to get a "win" here, but are simultaneously lying about the proceedings taking place under the supervision of outside regulators, and are asserting this in legal documents outlining their case no less, are stupid? 

I mean...we certainly shouldn't think they're playing 4D chess, that's for sure lol

I never said they're relying on EC

All it takes is CMA. EC can be appealed too. It's clear that CMA is the crutch and CMA's arguments also strongly match FTC's arguments, it's not 4D chess, it's a risky bet to take but it's one that actually makes some sense. Sue before CMA makes their move which gives them the confidence to block the deal outright, then Microsoft will abandon the deal and both CMA and FTC come out with a huge win.

CMA will not want to be the only regulator in the world to block the deal, but with FTC against the deal, that prospect is now more convincing.

I'm just parroting the arguments of other lawyers as to what FTC's tactic may be, though.

Machiavellian said:

Their arguments are weak because their position is weak.  It's no complicated tactic it's just more posturing.  You are right they will play it for all its worth but at the end of the day it's just a tactic to prop up a few people who are looking to push their career.

This tactic only strengthens MS position as I continue to state.  If the FTC position is that MS could harm the industry by keeping COD from competitions platform, well MS has already shone they are more than willing to make concessions on that front.  This plays more into MS hands then it does the FTC and it gives MS the ability to deal and take away those arguments.  As I pointed out, this is what actually makes me believe that MS will land this deal above 90% because it really seems like everything is played exactly as MS would want.

You don't push your career by losing, you only look like a loser who wasted everyone's time and money.

FTC doesn't care about Microsoft's concessions, they want the deal blocked.

You're FAR too optimistic on this deal, things definitely aren't going according to plan or exactly as Microsoft wanted, Lol.

Their arguments can be re-made precisely because they're doing it internally, they will present weak arguments and their internal courts will tell them to come back with something stronger, Microsoft cannot clear this up until FTC takes them to federal courts and FTC won't take them to federal courts until they go through their internal procedure first, it's a delay tactic.

And why companies are demanding the SC changes thing so that they can take FTC straight to federal courts and skip the internal procedure.

I'd recommend following the Era thread cause it has a lot of useful information on this whole stuff and Idas is an actual lawyer, along with Hoeg.

You also do not push your career with a crap lawsuit as well.  You think when I say career I mean in the FTC, this is not what I am saying.  I am saying political career.

It does not matter if the FTC does not care about MS concessions, those are for the CMA and EU.  The FTC lawsuit has so many flaws that once those concessions are accepted, their court case has even less of a chance.

It doesn't matter how many poorly made arguments they come up with, their position is weak.  You cannot make a weak position better just because you are more willing to throw more crap at the wall.  When the EU has to correct one of your main complaints, I just do not understand how you see that as a win for the FTC.

There is no one saying the FTC position or lawsuit is strong, its posturing.  Your summary is that the FTC want someone else to do their own dirty work when they have such a weak case which makes them look weak as well.

Trust me, I follow a lot of threads that is why my prediction is that MS situation is strong.  To many opinions have you all over the place and maybe you care too much. I on the other hand do not care if MS win or lose.  I am going by how this is shaping up and so far, it's looking golden.  There is nothing I have seen so far that MS need to panic over.  If anything, they should be walking into conversations with regulators like a boss.

Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

If I was Phil, I would come to the CMA like this. Give me a time of how long you want COD on Sony system so we can make this happen. Hell, do you want us to allow Sony to pay us to put COD on PS Plus, that is fine. We will charge them an arm and a leg but they can have it. Hell, if you want we will throw in Overwatch in there for free.

Someone should just tell Microsoft how corrupt the Tories are so they can just bribe them to put pressure on CMA

They've been on a power trip since Brexit though

Lobbying in broke UK should be easy.

Trust me, MS is all over that.  MS does not have that slogan like Google does, they are more than happy to dip their toe into the dark side.  They are just better at it now then their previous history.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

Trust me, I follow a lot of threads that is why my prediction is that MS situation is strong.  To many opinions have you all over the place and maybe you care too much. I on the other hand do not care if MS win or lose.  I am going by how this is shaping up and so far, it's looking golden.  There is nothing I have seen so far that MS need to panic over.  If anything, they should be walking into conversations with regulators like a boss.

Genuinely, I don't have a clue how you can still think this

It feels a bit detached from reality but we'll agree to disagree.

I do not play fortnite but now that Epic has upgraded it with UE5 and included Nanite and Lumens, I need to check it out and see how it runs on the Series X.

Ryuu96 said:

If anyone is interested, here are CMA's stats.

Phase 2 Outcomes

Jan 2019 - Nov 2022

• 68% result in deal mortality (comprising prohibition, unwind, and deal abandonment upon referral or during Phase 2); this compares to 30% for the period from CMA formation to end 2017;
  • 81% result in "intervention" in the sense of deal mortality or imposition of remedies, with 19% unconditionally cleared; this 81:19 split compares to a 56:44 split for the period from CMA formation to end 2017, which was consistent with the perceived Competition Commission (CC) long-run rate of approximately 50:50 from the introduction of the Enterprise Act to CMA formation (from mid-2003 to end March 2014).
  • 6% of Phase 2 cases have been/are being reviewed in parallel by the European Commission and the CMA (3 total).

Phase 2 Stats | Publications | Insights | Linklaters

68% of deals that make it to Phase 2 are killed, only 13% are cleared with remedies, for a total of 81% resulting in "intervention" and only 19% are cleared unconditionally, these are the stats for every deal that makes it to Phase 2 specifically.

Brexit has made them go gloves off, Lol. More than double killing deals and almost impossible to fight against them.

I'm with Hoeg now that I would put this deal at around a 40% chance of passing, CMA is in no shits given mode even at the best of times.

Yeah I saw those stats earlier but found them incomplete as MS is unlikely to abandon the deal and we don't know how much of those 68% is a result of such. A more insightful stat would need to exclude those. Also I read somewhere that there was 1 successful case of a reversal of a phase 2 decisions ( Sainsbury’s/Asda 2018 don't know much only read diagonally) through an appeal process. So even if the prospect is still grim it's not as CMA can just block the deal without making a compelling argument or else they will need to hope those involved in the appeal process are as bias as them.

Edit: Also focus of the Phase 1 results expose so few contention points that you would believe a remedy proposal is more likely than outright blocking of the deal. Also MS have clearly demonstrated their willingness to work out any issue so then again it increase the outlook that remedies would be ask and worked upon. 

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 09 December 2022

Yep, I've already prepared for the deal to be killed with the FTC suing. CMA was always looking like they were going to block it, that's even more likely now that they know they aren't going to be alone out there. I'm honestly surprised Hoeg is going with 40% approval odds. I'm basically at like 0% chance of it being approved now. Even the stats posted by Ryuu shows that the deal is basically dead. It was a good try MS/Xbox but not much you can do when your deal is blocked purely out of political reasons and not legal ones.

Feels like I'm interrupting the acquisition talk (not that I mind interrupting...) but my god Jar Jar Binks in the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga game is even more annoying than in the movies.
Other than that it's easily the best Lego game out there. Visuals are superb, the campaign follows the story of the movies closely and the shooting feels (almost) like a proper third person shooter. It even has cover mechanics lol.
Obviously the game is still aimed at kids so the puzzles are very simple and there's no disadvantage from dying. Other than accidentally dying from shooting explosives in close proximity there's little reason to die in this game.