By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
PixelPirate said:

Just bought Alan Wake 2. Downloading as we speak. Not sure what to expect but looking forward to trying it out!

If you haven't played the 1st game and American Nightmare, you might want to watch a recap video. There is a lot of context you'll not understand without it. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Iron Galaxy should be begging MS to let them do another KI, all of their other ventures have bombed.

Ryuu96 said:

GTA 6 must cost $600m+ Lol.

This industry is crazy and heading for a horrific crash if these budgets don't get under control.

As a side note, these Sony leaks are becoming almost as bad as Microsoft's, feel sorry for them.

Sony ain't the first company that this Russian-linked hacking group has hit so companies better be careful.

The Sony/Insomniac leaks are way worse it contains more financial data on all 1st party games as of Feb 2022 and their business deal breakdown with Disney/Marvel.

Glad to see CoD going back to Black Ops. Those are the only side series that peak my interest these days. Really liked Cold War but the recent MW games haven’t been fun.

Around the Network

GamesIndustry.biz Presents... The Year In Numbers 2023 | GamesIndustry.biz

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 December 2023

Game Pass is a serious benefit, one that game director Jiwon Choi described as "one of the best options for us to get the game into the hands of a large community of players" as a completely new IP in a recent interview with Game Rant.

"The Xbox team ran a wide range of marketing campaigns for Lies of P, and I cannot reveal the exact number here, but a huge number of gamers have played our game through Xbox Game Pass. I believe both parties earned a very good result from this collaboration."

Lies of P Dev Explains Benefits of Launching Day One With Xbox Game Pass

Reding through the big year in numbers stuff, one question stood out: WTF is Asgards Wrath? apparently a VR game, that's why I never heard about it. Grats for the good critic scores.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Reding through the big year in numbers stuff, one question stood out: WTF is Asgards Wrath? apparently a VR game, that's why I never heard about it. Grats for the good critic scores.

Yeah.  It's basically THE VR RPG series.

coolbeans said:
Mnementh said:

Yeah.  It's basically THE VR RPG series.

I still don't feel the need to dabble into VR, but it is good to see that VR get's it's own dedicated games that also apparently good (Half-Life Alyx and Moss come also to mind). It seems this niche matures, because it gets more than VR adaptations of games on other platforms. Still a bit thin for a gaming platform on it's own and I am very reluctant to completely cut me off from my surroundings. But good seeing the field mature, maybe I rethink my position in a few years.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]