By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Now…it is time for you to join the others, and complete our destiny.

Winner of multiple Game Of The Year Awards, Baldur’s Gate 3 is out now on Xbox Series X|S, joining PlayStation 5 and PC players.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 December 2023

Around the Network

Why the fuck didn’t they show this trailer then?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

shikamaru317 said:

Maybe Keighley decided to save the trailer for BG3's GOTY win since he knew it won beforehand. Hold out hope for a moment longer.

Nah they just didn't stick it in the trailer but it's in their Youtube description, Lmao.

VersusEvil said:

Why the fuck didn’t they show this trailer then?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

So no day one Gamepass on Baldur's Gate 3. Damn, I was really hoping that Xbox had decided to go for it to make up for causing a 3+ month late release with their parity clause. $70 is alot to pay for a game, especially a late port. Debating if I should go ahead and grab it or wait for a sale where it drops to like $40-50, but I can't wait too long either because it's a 140 hour game and Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming up in March, I'd ideally like to beat one huge RPG before starting another. I would rent it and wait for a sale but I can't even do that since it didn't get a physical release yet, and the upcoming physical release is limited edition only, so no rental discs most likely. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 December 2023

Around the Network

Overall a pretty decent show imo. Hellblade 2 looked freaking incredible imo, Blade announcement was hype even though that game is probably like 3+ years away, Persona 3 Reload trailer was great. Metaphor Refantazio looked kinda eh and Sega came in with Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, and a few other games I know several people here are excited about.

Well I was wrong with my 2024 prediction. For the penalty I’ll go ahead and buy the game.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Okay...

As an awards show which celebrates the developers, I thought it was pretty bad, so many awards just get quick fire announced alongside other awards like they mean fuck all, why for example was best debut indie given an acceptance speech but best indie wasn't? You can ask that same question about other notable awards as well, then despite the fact that a bunch of awards don't even get acceptance speeches, the ones that do get about 1 minute of speaking time before that annoying music starts playing to cut them off.

The tone was set from the start though with some questionable nominations, Destiny 2 in best community support after laying off practically their entire community team, Dave the Diver which isn't an indie being nominated for best indie, an eSports coach being nominated who didn't even coach and the boring line-up of best ongoing which is basically the same line-up every single year aside from 1-2 changes because they just pick what is the most played, it's questionable to even include Cyberpunk in there at all.

I'm fine with what won for the most part, aside from one or two disagreements.

As a show for gaming announcements, it was perhaps one of the best TGAs in that regard.

As for Xbox, they took their criticism last year of not showing up seriously it seems, they had a very strong showing with the announcement of Blade, an amazing trailer for Hellblade II and the reveal of Overdose + Jorden Peele. This is the sort of stuff that Xbox should give to TGA's Imo as I've said before, a few significant announcements that are quite a ways off, leave the near future announcements for things like their Summer Showcase and give TGA's one or two "far away" things.

ice said:

lol i'm dying when people thought it was Redfall related, I did too at one point.

Xbox really showing out tonight...

I thought too at first. But very interesting how they avoided to mention Redfall at all. But OK, this is Arkane Lyon, Redfall was Arkane Austin.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ryuu96 said:

Okay...

As an awards show which celebrates the developers, I thought it was pretty bad, so many awards just get quick fire announced alongside other awards like they mean fuck all, why for example was best debut indie given an acceptance speech but best indie wasn't? You can ask that same question about other notable awards as well, then despite the fact that a bunch of awards don't even get acceptance speeches, the ones that do get about 1 minute of speaking time before that annoying music starts playing to cut them off.

The tone was set from the start though with some questionable nominations, Destiny 2 in best community support after laying off practically their entire community team, Dave the Diver which isn't an indie being nominated for best indie, an eSports coach being nominated who didn't even coach and the boring line-up of best ongoing which is basically the same line-up every single year aside from 1-2 changes because they just pick what is the most played, it's questionable to even include Cyberpunk in there at all.

I'm fine with what won for the most part, aside from one or two disagreements.

As a show for gaming announcements, it was perhaps one of the best TGAs in that regard.

As for Xbox, they took their criticism last year of not showing up seriously it seems, they had a very strong showing with the announcement of Blade, an amazing trailer for Hellblade II and the reveal of Overdose + Jorden Peele. This is the sort of stuff that Xbox should give to TGA's Imo as I've said before, a few significant announcements that are quite a ways off, leave the near future announcements for things like their Summer Showcase and give TGA's one or two "far away" things.

Oops, I forgot to add.

I did notice a lack of Xbox skips this showcase, Lmao. Felt like 98% of things in the show were also coming to Xbox, aside from FF mainline stuff but we already know Sony moneyhatted those things so there's nothing Xbox or Square can do, for now. I can't really think of any other notable Xbox skips from the show.

Oh and Xbox is joint 1st with Nintendo in awards for a platform holder.

I'm also going to assume that a bunch of those Sega titles announced will be day one Game Pass as well, Lol. Maybe a risky assumption but practically everything Sega is coming to Game Pass lately and it'd be smart to do for IP which have been dead for years.