By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

In Halo Infinite’s campaign, there are various boss enemies that can be encountered on Zeta Halo, such as the High Value Targets that can be hunted down, each one rewarding the Master Chief with a powerful special weapon variant.

All fifteen of these HVTs will be added to Forge with the December Update—from the almighty Bipbap the Vanquisher to the very hungry Ik’novus the Devourer, and beyond.

Major bosses are also included in this line-up as well, such as Jega ‘Rdomnai, Escharum, and the Harbinger. The potential for what the creative cartographers in the community are going to make truly is endless (heh!)

-

Notably, Skulls are not just limited to the Firefight game variants. These difficulty modifiers will work in any game mode, allowing creators to use them to spice up ordinary multiplayer matches or extend their Season 5 PVE experiences.

-

As for improvements to networking, we’ve been working on a more comprehensive overhaul of the system. The first glimpse of this updated networking model will land on December 5 with the December Update. You’ll be able to jump into the Firefight: King of the Hill playlist and try out the new networking model in a safe environment. Enabling it in a PvE experience gives us a safe testbed to see how it behaves at scale before enabling it in a PvP mode, where the stakes would feel much higher for each player. Please be sure to dive in, blast the Banished, and let us know how it feels in Firefight: King of the Hill. If the results are promising, we’ll look to host a PvP experience in the Combat Workshop in the future.

Spade said:

No cheevos earned for TActica for fraud Spencer.

Tbf the first one takes some time as you get it once you can fuse personas, forget how many fights in that is though.

Eight missions.

Just noticed yet another Microsoft Rewards nerf, on Bing now the offers for things like looking at the quote of the day and doing the slide puzzle have now shrunk from 5 points to a mere 1 point.

VersusEvil said:

You all ready for that BG3 Xbox shadow drop the devs have been sitting on for 3 months next week??

I doubt they sat on a completed version. The PS5 release also came later, then they were ready with it. But with the recent drop of Patch 5 they were pretty proud of and their preceding statement on how the Xbox Series S optimizations help the other versions I am sure they are about finished now. So yeah, hype. I might pick it up a second time, just because it is such a great game and I want to encourage devs to take time and effort to optimize for different platforms, even though I think playing it with mouse and keyboard is superior to controller.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Top 20 Games of 2023 based on TA player counts - November update

GAMETA PLAYERSCHANGE
1. Starfield*360,540+6,660
2. Atomic Heart* 213,947+1,902
3. Forza Motorsport*171,659+8,449
4. Hogwarts Legacy  156,911+4,192
5. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty*  137,598+1,257
6. Lies of P* ↑1136,301+8,096
7. Hi-Fi Rush*  ↓1132,336+1,709
8. Redfall* 127,023+1,655
9. Minecraft Legends* 115,299+1,119
10. Party Animals* ↑1115,168+7,910
11.GoldenEye 007* ↓1109,846+1,147
12. Diablo IV 109,652+2,836
13. Ghostwire: Tokyo* 99,282+1,463
14. Exoprimal* 94,225+1,075
15. Monster Hunter Rise* 91,844+1,018
16. Payday 3*90,098+3,022
17. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre* 82,484+1,101
18. Dead Space82,289+9,497
19. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor 70,946+4,098
20. Guilty Gear -Strive-* 64,859+735

*on game pass

JAN | FEB | MARCH | APRIL | MAY | JUNE | JULY | AUGUST | SEPTEMBER | OCTOBER

Biggest Gainer: Dead Space - 9,497

Slowest Gainer: Guilty Gear -Strive- - 735

shikamaru317 said:

Just noticed yet another Microsoft Rewards nerf, on Bing now the offers for things like looking at the quote of the day and doing the slide puzzle have now shrunk from 5 points to a mere 1 point.

Of all the recent L's MS has been taking, this one seems the most pointless.  Rewards was probably one of the most-popular apps on Xbox, but now they're making moves to just... remove it entirely.  

Machiavellian said:

This is where you do not understand.  MS does not care about what you care about.  Its not like this is the first rodeo.  MS cannot be more clear about their direction and I really struggle to understand why it's so hard to understand.  MS does not care about hurting console sales.  They stopped caring about hurting console sales when they put day one all their first party games on PC. If MS cared about hurting their console market, they would push everything through a marketing department which they do not.

I just do not see any mix message.  MS has pretty much always from the get go that GP is their future.  They have invested everything into it and all their moves have been towards making it successful.  Yes, the Xbox console is a biproduct of that direction, but you can believe MS did not pay 69 billion dollars for Xbox.  They paid 69 billion dollars for GP and the future of their services within the gaming space.

Also, you are taking this statement way to literally.  What a person wants and what can be achieved is 2 different things.  Phil would love to purchase Nintendo, it's probably never going to happen but if by some luck or act of GOD the opportunity happens, MS would take advantage of it.  It's the same with GP.  MS would love to put GP on everything but achieving that isn't going to happen the way the market is today.  That does not mean the market will remain this way forever because MS themselves is trying to disrupt the market.

So in my opinion the message cannot be any clearer.  MS will do whatever it takes to make GP a success.  They will pour huge amounts of resources at the problem because gaming, not just console gaming but gaming in general is a huge market and they want to be competitive in all areas but mostly they want GP to be the service of choice for all areas of gaming.

These two statements literally contradict each other. If Microsoft didn't care about console sales, which is something that gets bring up a lot for some reason, they wouldn't sell any hardware at all.