By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2022) Switch 114.33 million

Hardware: 114.33m (3.25 million for the quarter)

Software:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 48.41m

Animal Crossing: 40.17m

Smash Bros Ultimate: 29.53m

Zelda BOTW: 27.79m (Switch version only)

Pokémon Sword/Shield: 25.37m

Mario Odyssey: 24.4m

Super Mario Party: 18.35m

Pokémon BD/SP: 14.92m

Ring Fit Adventure: 14.87m

Pokémon Let's Go: 14.81m

Pokemon Legends: Arceus: 13.91 million units

Mario Party Superstars: 8.07 million units

Splatoon 3: 7.9m

Switch Sports: 6.15m

Kirby and the Forgotten Land: 5.27m

Mario Strikers Battle League: 2.17m

Xenoblade Chronicles 3:
1.72m

Switch software sold this quarter: 95.41 million

Switch software total: 917.59 million

– Net sales this period – 656.9 billion yen
– Operating profit this period – 220.3 billion yen
– Ordinary profit this period: 322.4 billion yen

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

https://gonintendo.com/contents/11966-nintendo-q2-results-for-fiscal-year-2023-switch-hits-114-33-million-sold

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 November 2022

Around the Network

Would like to know how much Labo sold probably 10+ million? IDK?

Nice work Curl on getting the thread up so fast!!

For anyone wondering we have Switch sell-through at 113.49 million at the end of September for a gap of 840,000. Considering the Switch is the most available console and we are heading into the holidays we have the Switch a bit overtracked. Looking at our numbers we have it too high in what Nintendo calls "Other." Our sell-through in the America, Europe, and Japan are below Nintendo's shipped figures, while we have it above Nintendo's figures in "Other."

Last edited by trunkswd - on 08 November 2022

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

SegaHeart said:

Would like to know how much Labo sold probably 10+ million? IDK?

Lol no. The first Labo sold 1.42mil and none of the other reached the million mark.

So despite good Sell-through, looks like semiconductor shortage is affecting them after all. Their adjusted hardware forecast is 19 million. Animal Crossing passed 40m

Surprised their financials are higher than last years, but tbf most are from foreign exchange gains and we didn't have any notable big releases last year.

Last edited by Shatts - on 08 November 2022

Around the Network

All games in the top 10 surpassed my personal predictions except for RFA which sold a bit below that and BDSP which I had spot on with 14.92mil.
Remarkable is that Pokémon Let's Go outsold BDSP this quarter selling 150k copies while BDSP sold only 130k.

Hardware is a bit disappointing with only 3.25mil. @curl-6 you a mistake there, the Switch was at 111.08mil the previous quarter. Since the PS5 shipped 3.3mil this last quarter this means the PS5 was shipped more than the Switch by 50k units.

Software sales are at 917.59mil total, which is exactly 54mil for the quarter, very impressive and way up from the 41.41mil for the previous quarter.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 08 November 2022

Are we sure that the adjusted forecasts is because of the semi-conductor shortages and not because at over 114 Million Units sold and apporaching 6 years old the Switch is starting to reach market saturation?

Edit: Also GO Xenoblade 3! Already past Xenoblade 1 DE's total at the end of last year. You go for Xenoblade 2 and you don't look back!!! Hopefully the Wave 4 of the Expansion Pass will give it a boost next year to get it over that hump...

Spoiler!
And can we PLEASE get Noah and Mio back together?!? I'm begging you, Monolith Soft!!!
Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 08 November 2022

So is this good or bad? Nintendo lowering their sales expectations is a bit disappointing.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:

So is this good or bad? Nintendo lowering their sales expectations is a bit disappointing.

Software sales seem good, but hardware being down is not great. Though considering its age isn't a huge surprise.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

PAOerfulone said:

Are we sure that the adjusted forecasts is because of the semi-conductor shortages and not because at over 114 Million Units sold and apporaching 6 years old the Switch is starting to reach market saturation?

Edit: Also GO Xenoblade 3! Already past Xenoblade 1 DE's total at the end of last year. You go for Xenoblade 2 and you don't look back!!! Hopefully the Wave 4 of the Expansion Pass will give it a boost next year to get it over that hump...

Spoiler!
And can we PLEASE get Noah and Mio getting back together?!? I'm begging you, Monolith Soft!!!

It probably is a combination of semi-conductor and market saturation in some regions whereas demand is strong on the other. I'm not really sure what the chart I posted indicates, but my understanding is that hardware sold to customers are basically unfazed, whereas hardware sold to retailers dropped. Which means, they aren't producing enough to sell to retailers despite demand. 

Last edited by Shatts - on 08 November 2022