By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2022) Switch 114.33 million

Shatts said:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/221108_4e.pdf

Anyone knows what join venture means? Are they teaming up with DeNa to make more mobile games? 

I've said this before, but Splatoon on mobile would probably be their best opportunity

If it's a "specified subsidiary" I would imagine it means they purchased them. Subsidiary literally means a company controlled by a larger company. If they didn't purchase them outright then they hold a controlling share. 

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
Kakadu18 said:

Lol no. The first Labo sold 1.42mil and none of the other reached the million mark.

Thanks, I would like to know how Much Switch Sports sold?

This was already posted here.

@Shatts

Also another mega seller Animal Crossing Mobile, looks good on paper don't know if Nintendo will do it?

Shatts said:

Anyone knows what join venture means? Are they teaming up with DeNa to make more mobile games? 

I've said this before, but Splatoon on mobile would probably be their best opportunity

A joint venture is when you do something together.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 08 November 2022

SegaHeart said:

@Shatts

Also another mega seller Animal Crossing Mobile

They already have Animal Crossing mobile. Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
SegaHeart said:

@Shatts

Also another mega seller Animal Crossing Mobile

They already have Animal Crossing mobile. Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.

I'm so late, Thanks. 

Doctor_MG said:
Shatts said:

If it's a "specified subsidiary" I would imagine it means they purchased them. Subsidiary literally means a company controlled by a larger company. If they didn't purchase them outright then they hold a controlling share. 

You misunderstood this. They created a new company together with DeNa. That new company is a specified subsidiary of Nintendo.

Great results for Kirby, Switch Sports, Splatoon 3, and for a relatively niche series, nice results for Xenoblade 3 as well, showing growth for the franchise:

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 November 2022

Kakadu18 said:

You misunderstood this. They created a new company together with DeNa. That new company is a specified subsidiary of Nintendo.

Ahhhh, so it's more like The Pokemon Company with regard to Gamefreak, Creatures and Nintendo. Gotchya. 

Kakadu18 said:
Doctor_MG said:

Yeah that makes more sense. It's probably similar to Nintendo and HAL making Warpstar Inc. for Kirby anime. Looks like they are already putting 5 billion yen capital into this. I think they are planning some bigger mobile games from Nintendo IPs.