By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avatar: The Way of Water | Official Trailer

curl-6 said:

Way of Water overtakes Spiderman No Way Home, moving up to #6 biggest box office haul of all time:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/ww_top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW

Gonna be passing Infinity War and The force Awakens as early as this weekend. Maybe Infinity war this weekend, Force Awakens soon thereafter. 

On some of the box Office forums I frequent, it's pretty widely believed that it'll best even Titanic to become #3 of all time. making it so that James Cameron has directed 3 of the top 4 movies of all time. So yeah, I guess we should stop betting against Cameron. Like I've said repeatedly, the man knows how to tell a simple story VERY well. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
curl-6 said:

Way of Water overtakes Spiderman No Way Home, moving up to #6 biggest box office haul of all time:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/ww_top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW

Gonna be passing Infinity War and The force Awakens as early as this weekend. Maybe Infinity war this weekend, Force Awakens soon thereafter. 

On some of the box Office forums I frequent, it's pretty widely believed that it'll best even Titanic to become #3 of all time. making it so that James Cameron has directed 3 of the top 4 movies of all time. So yeah, I guess we should stop betting against Cameron. Like I've said repeatedly, the man knows how to tell a simple story VERY well. 

Probably only director that can greenlit whatever at whatever cost he wants.

Thought is was going to break the billion mark, did not think it was going for double the billion. But a great experience makes people go to the cinema, even if the story is mediocre like the first film.
The first movie is my greatest movie experience ever and the way of water is my girlfriends greatest movie experience ever. Hopefully the next two installments can keep up.

Last edited by Pajderman - on 19 January 2023

Pajderman said:

Hopefully the next two installments can keep up.

I hope so too. Very tall order but, again, this is James Cameron we are talking about.

farlaff said:
Pajderman said:

Hopefully the next two installments can keep up.

I hope so too. Very tall order but, again, this is James Cameron we are talking about.

If the rumors are true and the next installment will have Bad Navi and make the humans the victim, it definitely sounds interesting.  I believe Cameron did a good job making the humans the bad guys in the first 2 movies, lets see if he can execute turning it around.

Around the Network

Since it appears that Avatar is a representation of the American Indians in the US then the plot for the next film makes since and is obvious on how it will go. It will show the Red Navi being very aggressive to the Humans and this will be something that is sent to earth to give the impression of how savage the Navi are so reinforcements will be poured to tame them. I am getting a feeling that the conclusion to this series will be another tragedy film.

It’s surpassed 2.025 billion USD. 40 million more and James Cameron’s films will own 3 of the 4 spots in the top grossing films of all time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Disney is calling Cameron now and asking him to make a Marvel movie. Hell just make any movie, Star Wars you name it.

Machiavellian said:

Disney is calling Cameron now and asking him to make a Marvel movie. Hell just make any movie, Star Wars you name it.

No they're not. They're just writing him a blank check for the rest of his 10 Avatar movies (or however many of these he's got mapped out), and then promising him X% of profits on all the Pandora additions they're gonna build in all their theme-parks around the world. 

Way of Water has moved up to #5 of all time at the box office, overtaking Avengers Infinity War.