By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign-Ups Thread

I don't think my list has really changed too much from last year, so not sure I'm gonna take part in this one. Certainly, Elden Ring would get thrown into the mix, but that's about it for me.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

I don't think my list has really changed too much from last year, so not sure I'm gonna take part in this one. Certainly, Elden Ring would get thrown into the mix, but that's about it for me.

Elden Ring's the only new game on my list too iirc. I don't think it matters how much your list has changed though, you should still send it in; the more lists mZuzek gets sent the more balanced and representative of the community's tastes the final results will be.

Angelus said:

Count yourself lucky you don't have to start fresh! 

Fair enough lol

Actually, had a quick look at my last list, and I might make a couple of changes here and there. I'm in

I'm in!

Changed computer recently and my list that I have worked and updated from the past years seem to be lost. I don't think that much is different mostly since I seem to enjoy reading about new games more than actually playing them.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I can see I will have a fair few conversations trying to tell people they can't put God of War Ragnarok on their lists.

Care to explain why? It comes out before the deadline. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Machina said:
Angelus said:

Elden Ring's the only new game on my list too iirc. I don't think it matters how much your list has changed though, you should still send it in; the more lists mZuzek gets sent the more balanced and representative of the community's tastes the final results will be.

Same. It's gonna be in my top 10, to boot. I also think Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is in there but I don't recall if it was in my list last year. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
mZuzek said:

I can see I will have a fair few conversations trying to tell people they can't put God of War Ragnarok on their lists.

Care to explain why? It comes out before the deadline. 

It's because it comes out after the deadline.

What games can you pick?

• Games that release after October 31st, 2022 will not be allowed.
       • This means no Sonic Frontiers, God of War Ragnarok, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, and so on.

The deadline's always been October 31st of the year the event takes place, since the Smeags days. I think it's a fair deadline because it avoids too much recency bias, or people making lists at the last second to get as many games in as possible - meaning they wouldn't participate in the daily discussion that is always the most fun part about it anyway.

Obviously there's always big releases in November so every year someone's sad about not being able to list something. It happens. For me, I really like to see how well these holiday releases perform on next year's event, some feel like everyone was anticipating the moment they could finally list the game, some end up kinda forgotten.

Mnementh said:
KungKras said:

Huh. Why was my name pinged?
What am I supposed to do?

You participated in 2015 (at least according to Smeags), that's why I pinged you.

If you have forgotten what this is all about: each participant (after signing up) creates a list of their TOP 50 best games of all times. Then mzuzek works for three weeks without sleep, to compile a mega-list out of the individual lists. So if you participate send mzuzek your list. People do enjoy to reveal one of their games each day for the last 50 days of the year and discuss the games, but that is optional. And that is about it. It is fun though, because many cool forgotten gems are unearthed this way.

I see. That sounds fun actually!

I LOVE ICELAND!

Um... I think I have forgotten how to send PMs om VGC.
How do I send mZuzek my list without revealing it?'

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Last edited by KungKras - on 28 October 2022

I LOVE ICELAND!