By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

Fucking Nintendo eh.

Nintendo: Please understand.

Around the Network
deerox said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, she sounds like she's just whining about money.

I was never gonna buy etta 3, but calling for a boycott over money? Pathetic.

Why not? Do you have something against sluts?

No, as a Wiccan I don't need people thinking we make human sacrifices or work with demons, which onetta and other wannabe witches clearly do.

Vodacixi said:

I agree: that offer was insulting. And there's definitely something shady with Platinum considering they lied about the reason Helena would not be returning.

However, I think is very immature and egocentric to ask other people to boycott a game just because you wanted to get paid more. It's your personal problem, you cannot hope to make fans "go to war" just for you.

Also also, trash talking about Jennifer is completely out of place and just mean. She has no blame in the matter and is just doing her job (flawlessly I might add).

I don't know, if she just told the reason she is not in the game and expressed her situation I would feel far more simpathetic towards her. But the way she decided to approach the situation was very childish and disrespectful towards Jennifer.

Really the only problem with this is Jen has gone from playing the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter to playing a tired and slanderous stereotype of female magic practitioners, which is why so many alleges witches were killed for centuries. -_-

Last edited by Bandorr - on 15 October 2022

CaptainExplosion said:
deerox said:

Why not? Do you have something against sluts?

No, as a Wiccan I don't need people thinking we make human sacrifices or work with demons, which Sluttonetta and other wannabe witches clearly do.

Vodacixi said:

I agree: that offer was insulting. And there's definitely something shady with Platinum considering they lied about the reason Helena would not be returning.

However, I think is very immature and egocentric to ask other people to boycott a game just because you wanted to get paid more. It's your personal problem, you cannot hope to make fans "go to war" just for you.

Also also, trash talking about Jennifer is completely out of place and just mean. She has no blame in the matter and is just doing her job (flawlessly I might add).

I don't know, if she just told the reason she is not in the game and expressed her situation I would feel far more simpathetic towards her. But the way she decided to approach the situation was very childish and disrespectful towards Jennifer.

Really the only problem with this is Jen has gone from playing the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter to playing a tired and slanderous stereotype of female magic practitioners, which is why so many alleges witches were killed for centuries. -_-

I totally disagree, but I don't really want to go full off topic here xD

Vodacixi said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No, as a Wiccan I don't need people thinking we make human sacrifices or work with demons, which Sluttonetta and other wannabe witches clearly do.

Vodacixi said:

I totally disagree, but I don't really want to go full off topic here xD

PM me if you want to hear more, but it's not a pretty picture. -_-

I still think Helena overreacted with this boycott shit.

Blame the system not the player as they say. I feel like this goes a lot deeper than Bayonetta and the entertainment industry. The debate, should athletes get paid more than doctors is also similar to this. $4000 for voice acting is horrendous, but unfortunately that is the average payment. It's not just voice actors, animators, artists, idols, etc. all of these jobs are severally underpaid and this is common sense. We should be blaming capitalism and how jobs currently works rather than just boycotting Bayonetta, bcuz boycotting Bayonetta would not do much other than hurt the franchise and ppl working on it. We should be questioning ourselves why we are forced to go to school and college in the first place bcuz college is a scam and all of these issues are ingrained into the school system. If ppl are boycotting this game, where were they when we were supposed to boycott Activision Blizzard, are you going to throw away all ur stuff to "boycott" bcuz ppl making them are from 3rd world countries making dollars a day at best. Voice actors need to pay more, I agree, but there needs to be some consistency with our thinking and I think this topic is deeper into politics and such

Last edited by Shatts - on 15 October 2022

Around the Network

So it seems to me, from her story she posted on Twitter that $4,000 was their second offer after they gave her an intentionally low-ball offer meant to push her out and she sent a letter to Hideki Kamiya asking for what she thought she was worth.

Also to those saying it sounds like she is only in it for the money. Yeah, it is called working a job. In a capitalist system people work for money.

Anyway, I am not buying the game day 1 and probably will buy it used now. 

If shareholders can get their dividends then Nintendo, as the publisher, can pay more. 

I couldn't care less about Platinum games but the amount of virtue signaling/boycotting going on is just weird. She turned down the offer. Yeah, the offer sucked. That's why she turned it down. You want me to not buy something because a grown woman turned down a poor offer? Get the hell outta here. I've seen dudes examine the entire Activision Blizzard situation and still decide to buy, play and cover their games. But this is where you draw the line? Holy hell.

You buy electronics made by people who get paid in piss, in sweatshops. And you draw the line HERE? My God.

I'm not saying VA don't deserve better treatment. But I am saying the priorities of some people I've seen is kinda sickening. If you truly disagree with how Platinum and by extension, Nintendo, handled this then by all means do what you deem is best for you.

Kneetos said:

While 4k seems pretty low for the scope of the game, I wonder if she negotiated and tried to get higher pay or did she just say "no" and leave.

Disclaimer: I've not had time to check up on it, so if that was brought up in the article, sorry, I didn't see it.

She did. According to her Twitter video, it seems like 4k was after she negotiated. They sent her an initial offer that was lower, she wrote a letter to Hideki Kamiya, and she said "it's then when they gave me a better offer: $4,000."

Last edited by sc94597 - on 15 October 2022

KLXVER said:
coolbeans said:

I'm 99.99997% certain Jennifer Hale got a better offer.

Based on what?

Jennifer Hale is one of the biggest names in this segment of the market. If you are trying to save money on voice talent, she's the last woman you want to hire. These are just few of the characters she's played.

Naomi Hunter - Metal Gear Solid franchise

Bastila Shan - SW: Knights of the Old Republic

Satele Shan - SW: The Old Republic

Commander Shepard - Mass Effect Trilogy

Samus Aran - Metroid Prime series

Phoenix - Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Rivet - Ratchet & Clank (PS5)

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I've missed several. Wait, she was Tanya in MKX and Kronika in MK11.

Ljink96 said:

I couldn't care less about Platinum games but the amount of virtue signaling/boycotting going on is just weird. She turned down the offer. Yeah, the offer sucked. That's why she turned it down. You want me to not buy something because a grown woman turned down a poor offer? Get the hell outta here. I've seen dudes examine the entire Activision Blizzard situation and still decide to buy, play and cover their games. But this is where you draw the line? Holy hell.

Eh, having labor-solidarity seems like a better reason to boycott a game than consumer-friendliness trends, in my opinion. Video games are luxury goods, something a person doesn't need to have to live a decent life. If the video game industry becomes marginally consumer unfriendly, nobody is going to starve from it. If I couldn't afford video games I'd partake in the dozen other hobbies I have.

Comparitively, a person needs to work to live  and to get a decent pay check to live a good life in most societies. 

If labor-solidarity is "virtue signaling" then virtue signaling is often a good thing, and is as old as wealth stratification itself (roughly 8000 years old, with the first agricultural revolution give or take.)