By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

Hellena Taylor, Bayonetta's original voice actress is calling for a boycott of Bayonetta 3 because she wasn't offered enough money.

I don't know whether to say this is a good reason to boycott the game or a bad reason to boycott.

Around the Network

Lol that ain't happening

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not going to boycott the game because the voice actor turned the role down. Jennifer Hale is a legend in video game VA and she seemes happy enough with the money.

While 4k seems pretty low for the scope of the game, I wonder if she negotiated and tried to get higher pay or did she just say "no" and leave.

Disclaimer: I've not had time to check up on it, so if that was brought up in the article, sorry, I didn't see it.

I would not say that’s a good reason to boycott the game. Hellena has quite the track record. She’ll be fine finding other work.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Not going to boycott the game because the voice actor turned the role down. Jennifer Hale is a legend in video game VA and she seemes happy enough with the money.

Yeah, she sounds like she's just whining about money.

I was never gonna buy tonetta 3, but calling for a boycott over money? Pathetic.

-- Let's not slut shame okay?

Last edited by Bandorr - on 15 October 2022

I agree: that offer was insulting. And there's definitely something shady with Platinum considering they lied about the reason Helena would not be returning.

However, I think is very immature and egocentric to ask other people to boycott a game just because you wanted to get paid more. It's your personal problem, you cannot hope to make fans "go to war" just for you.

Also also, trash talking about Jennifer is completely out of place and just mean. She has no blame in the matter and is just doing her job (flawlessly I might add).

I don't know, if she just told the reason she is not in the game and expressed her situation I would feel far more simpathetic towards her. But the way she decided to approach the situation was very childish and disrespectful towards Jennifer.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, she sounds like she's just whining about money.

I was never gonna buy Sluttonetta 3, but calling for a boycott over money? Pathetic.

Why not? Do you have something against sluts?

I dunno who is to blame. Nintendo. Platinum or the Agency or all 3. This is the David Hayter MGS treatment. The world of acting is harsh and unkind. Sucks. I'm not Boycotting the game but I hope this gets resolved without any bitterness eventually.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Vodacixi said:

I agree: that offer was insulting. And there's definitely something shady with Platinum considering they lied about the reason Helena would not be returning.

However, I think is very immature and egocentric to ask other people to boycott a game just because you wanted to get paid more. It's your personal problem, you cannot hope to make fans "go to war" just for you.

Also also, trash talking about Jennifer is completely out of place and just mean. She has no blame in the matter and is just doing her job (flawlessly I might add).

I don't know, if she just told the reason she is not in the game and expressed her situation I would feel far more simpathetic towards her. But the way she decided to approach the situation was very childish and disrespectful towards Jennifer.

I haven't played the Bayonetta games, is there a lot of voice dialog in them?  The average pay for voice workers is $200-$350 an hour, I'm not sure how many hours it takes to do all the lines.