By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta OG Voice Actress Calls For Boycott of Bayonetta 3

A shame for the actress although i'm not really aware of how much people make for these kind of projects usually. Bayonetta surely isn't the biggest IP in the world too. Boycotting the game won't do much except can the franchise forever.

Around the Network

The thing is some voice actors want to make a living out of doing VA in games. Its just not a full time job kinda deal. Its something you do to earn a little extra.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Vodacixi said:

I agree: that offer was insulting. And there's definitely something shady with Platinum considering they lied about the reason Helena would not be returning.

However, I think is very immature and egocentric to ask other people to boycott a game just because you wanted to get paid more. It's your personal problem, you cannot hope to make fans "go to war" just for you.

Also also, trash talking about Jennifer is completely out of place and just mean. She has no blame in the matter and is just doing her job (flawlessly I might add).

I don't know, if she just told the reason she is not in the game and expressed her situation I would feel far more simpathetic towards her. But the way she decided to approach the situation was very childish and disrespectful towards Jennifer.

I haven't played the Bayonetta games, is there a lot of voice dialog in them?  The average pay for voice workers is $200-$350 an hour, I'm not sure how many hours it takes to do all the lines.

Bayonetta’s voice and personality makes up a lot of the charm of the series along with the combat. It’s a major aspect of the game. 

KLXVER said:

Not going to boycott the game because the voice actor turned the role down. Jennifer Hale is a legend in video game VA and she seemes happy enough with the money.

I'm 99.99997% certain Jennifer Hale got a better offer.

coolbeans said:
KLXVER said:

Not going to boycott the game because the voice actor turned the role down. Jennifer Hale is a legend in video game VA and she seemes happy enough with the money.

Based on what?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
coolbeans said:

Based on what?

Name recognition.  Probably better union representation too.

I'm glad ppl here actually have a brain. I don't get how some ppl can jump to conclusion when there literally isn't enough info to form an opinion. Did ppl seriously forgot what happened with Amber Heard? It wasn't that long ago smh.

coolbeans said:
KLXVER said:

Based on what?

Name recognition.  Probably better union representation too.

I think she just took the money. 4K for a couple of days or whatever seems like a pretty good deal. Cant imagine any of the developers on the game getting paid that much per hour.

Farfromsubtle (medium size Youtube/Twitch channel) got paid 7000 dolars from PG just for hosting the Kickstarter stream of The Wondeful 101 Remastered.

https://twitter.com/FarFromSubtle/status/1581300616517013505?t=NIqB7AG6URt55xnVng9xfg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1236004069401145346?t=gqHYVS0_ItEu8aD6LLsF7Q&s=19

Compared to that, 4000 dolars to voice an entire video game of a fairly known franchise and character seems like a joke to me. 

Nope, not gonna boycott. Not worth it.