By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be ok with Switch games costing $70-90 if...

A debate about the price of Switch games, based on a concept that barely applies to any Switch games, and none of the games most Switch owners actually care about-- the ones published by Nintendo.

If this actually becomes a topic of concern it won't be until Nintendo's next generation of systems, so I'll worry about it then.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:

A debate about the price of Switch games, based on a concept that barely applies to any Switch games, and none of the games most Switch owners actually care about-- the ones published by Nintendo.

If this actually becomes a topic of concern it won't be until Nintendo's next generation of systems, so I'll worry about it then.

People care but they just given up complaining about it and don't bother buying crap products no more. 

Of the top of my head, these games I would have purchased but skipped:
Bioshock Collection
Borderlands Collection
Resident Evil Collection
Assasins Creed Collection
XCOM 2
FFX/X2
Doom
2K Sports Games
EA Games

Cobretti2 said:
Shaunodon said:

People care but they just given up complaining about it and don't bother buying crap products no more. 

Of the top of my head, these games I would have purchased but skipped:
Bioshock Collection
Borderlands Collection
Resident Evil Collection
Assasins Creed Collection
XCOM 2
FFX/X2
Doom
2K Sports Games
EA Games

And then you get games like Final Fantasy X.. Where in some regions you got X-2 as DLC or other regions where it's included on the cart.

It's a mess to be honest... And not consumer friendly... Especially as Nintendo has a history of not keeping it's online networks online.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Nope. For me no games should really be over 40USD in any consoles.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Game prices go up, I buy fewer games or wait for sales. Very few games do I pay full price day 1.

Around the Network

90 dollars for 30 frames, sometimes less, and 720p? Hellllllllll nah

TheTitaniumNub said:

Aren't most first party Nintendo games 60 fps?  

Chrkeller said:
TheTitaniumNub said:

Most Mario games like MK8DX, SMO and Mario Strikers, but most other games like BotW and Astral Chain are 30fps.

Kakadu18 said:
Chrkeller said:

Most Mario games like MK8DX, SMO and Mario Strikers, but most other games like BotW and Astral Chain are 30fps.

Fair enough, so it a mix.

No. Conpanies make too much money off the $60 model as is, let alone $70.