By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be ok with Switch games costing $70-90 if...

Azzanation said:

No. Conpanies make too much money off the $60 model as is, let alone $70.

Yeah, they should only loose money and go bankrupt or barely be able to finance the next game and then fire a bunch of developers.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Azzanation said:

Yeah, they should only loose money and go bankrupt or barely be able to finance the next game and then fire a bunch of developers.

They cant go bankrupt when they are already profiting.

Kakadu18 said:
Azzanation said:

All games should be free on GP and devs paid by lord of good MS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Every first-party game I can think of is almost entirely on the Game Card, minus saves and DLC. This is a nonstarter in that regard. Nintendo charging more than $60 for games that don't get permanent price drops for years and on a platform with worse specs than the Xbox One would be so Anti-consumer it's ridiculous.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It was ok back in N64 and SNES days Still remember Super Mario Allstars SNES costing high as heck.