By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct dedicated to Super Mario Bros movie happening October 6th

super_etecoon said:

I'm wondering if they'll interview the "actors" during the Direct, but the actors will actually be the animated characters. Nintendo can get pretty crazy when they decide to. My biggest concern with this Direct is that I hate spoilers and I'm just dreading them showing too much. And, of course, I'm also dreading not liking the way the characters sound, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Visually it looks like they're knocking it out of the park.

Interviewing the voice actors is very common for animated movies. why did you put actors in quotes? Voice actors ARE actors.

Around the Network

Well, the Sonic movies worked out, so maybe Mario has a chance.

Chicho said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm wondering if they'll interview the "actors" during the Direct, but the actors will actually be the animated characters. Nintendo can get pretty crazy when they decide to. My biggest concern with this Direct is that I hate spoilers and I'm just dreading them showing too much. And, of course, I'm also dreading not liking the way the characters sound, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Visually it looks like they're knocking it out of the park.

Interviewing the voice actors is very common for animated movies. why did you put actors in quotes? Voice actors ARE actors.

Sorry for not explaining what I meant. I mean, Mario, “the actor” talking about his role in the movie. Not Chris Pratt the actor talking about his role in the movie. 

Okay, I now see what you meant.

Full poster:

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

It's got to be better than the Bob Hoskins movie. Plus, Chris Pratt is so cool!

I dunno. IE films are trash full of lazy recycled assets. I expect another cookie cutter garbage IE film with bad songs and using one assets recycled thousands of times like toads. Oh wait the poster proves they already did that. So looks like it will be just as bad in a different way but at the very least more faithful.

Also Chris Pratt is a tool. Anti LGBT tool

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ive always had a good feeling about this movie. Nintendo waited 30 years, so Im guessing the script was good enough for them to give it a try.

Poster looks great. It's what you'd want (I anyway) a 3D Mario game to look like, so that's a good start.

I like the poster, the hills really look like those from the NES/SNES era.

I wouldn't want to climb that hill to Peach's castle, though...

That poster is magnificent! It catches the look and feel from multiple different Mario games without looking like a mashup but its own thing.
I did not think we would get a Direct dedicated to the movie, was not expecting anything more than a trailer drop. But since we get this direct I think that Nintendo really believes in the project, giving me hopes that it will be good.

That they can create beautiful worlds sparking joy and imagination in millions we already know. Can they provide a compelling story fit for the big screen as well?