By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct dedicated to Super Mario Bros movie happening October 6th

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Not at all. Remember that Mario game that has fully voiced cut scenes?

Must not have that game, because no.

Unless you're talking about Hotel Mario, where he talks to no end

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Looks great! I'm all in. I love that we'll be getting the stranger in a strange land vibes from this one with Mario first arriving to the Mushroom Kingdom. I wonder if we'll see him when he's on Earth as a plumber before. I don't think it's likely that the scene we see here is his first presence in the movie.

(..)

You think we'll get a live action scene at the beginning of Chris Pratt being a plumber in New York before being sucked down a toilet?

S.Peelman said:
super_etecoon said:

Looks great! I'm all in. I love that we'll be getting the stranger in a strange land vibes from this one with Mario first arriving to the Mushroom Kingdom. I wonder if we'll see him when he's on Earth as a plumber before. I don't think it's likely that the scene we see here is his first presence in the movie.

(..)

You think we'll get a live action scene at the beginning of Chris Pratt being a plumber in New York before being sucked down a toilet?

That's somewhat the impression I got too.  Like he was extremely unfamiliar with the area and what was happening. 

Hiku said:

Everything seemed cool, except the look of Mario felt a little bit off. Not like OG Sonic. It just feels like it's not quite there.
Jack Black sounds great as Bowser. I like how he actually tried.

And Mario did a great job voice acting Chris Pratt.
He nailed Chris Pratt's Brookly accent to a T.

The French voice actor is killing it though.

Think I'm watching the movie in French.

I could not disagree more. This French voice acting is horrendous. I just love how Illumination went for a more real voice for the English voice acting. I just hope Mario sounds the way he did in the trailer throughout the whole movie. Chris Pratt sounds cool. 

Yeah, I dont mind Marios voice. If he talked like he does in the game, it would kill the movie for me.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Yeah, I dont mind Marios voice. If he talked like he does in the game, it would kill the movie for me.

Yeah, that's something I've thought more about over the past day. We all love Charles Martinet's voice as Mario. But, it's never been in full sentences. It's usually an over the top "wahoo" or maybe a few words like "welcome to Mario Kart" in Mario Kart 64. 

Idk if I would've been able to handle that way of talking over an entire movie

Chris Pratt was a bad choice, they only went for him because he's a name actor but the French/Brazilian dubs sound way better than Pratt. The rest of the movie looks solid though.

Hiku said:

Everything seemed cool, except the look of Mario felt a little bit off. Not like OG Sonic. It just feels like it's not quite there.
Jack Black sounds great as Bowser. I like how he actually tried.

And Mario did a great job voice acting Chris Pratt.
He nailed Chris Pratt's Brookly accent to a T.

The French voice actor is killing it though.

Think I'm watching the movie in French.

Captain Lou Albano > All these fools

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Captain Lou's voice is definitely the best non-Martinet voice. Way better than Pratt.