By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2022: Casual Edition... or perhaps not?

Who will win Super Bowl LVII?

Buffalo Bills 4 40.00%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Tennessee Titans 1 10.00%

Kansas City Chiefs 2 20.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 1 10.00%

Green Bay Backers 0 0%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

Other (AFC) 0 0%

Other (NFC) 2 20.00%

Total:10

Well, tomorrow should be entertaining!!!

Around the Network

Good games! No blowouts.

Unbelievable. The Giants really had no business being a playoff team this year, but they ended up handing the Vikings the first loss in a one-score-game this season.

I don't think I've commented on the Packers' loss that ended their season before. It was essentially a game that summed up their season perfectly. The offense too inconsistent and too often unable to finish drives with TDs, the defense unable to get stops when it needs to. That's how a game that the Packers controlled in the first half and could have been a two-score-game at the break happened to have a 3-point-difference. Then the third quarter approached the tipping point where it became increasingly more apparent that the Lions wanted the win more. As usual, Rodgers walked on the field with confidence when it was time for a game-changing drive, but as so many times before this season, the whole operation fell short.

On one hand it's sad that the Packers missed the playoffs, but on the other hand it was clear that they would have had to play in San Francisco. Exactly the NFC franchise that the Packers must have the worst record against in the Rodgers era, combined with suffering the worst beatdowns. It has been clear for a long time that this wouldn't be a Super Bowl year for the Packers, so one week more to play or not does not matter much. On that note, I doubt that any of the possible seventh seeds could have seriously challenged the 49ers in the wild card round.

Now it's going to be the usual offseason with question marks around Aaron Rodgers. He got such a fat contract that he basically has to come back. And I think he's too proud to end his career with a season where he couldn't even get one playoff game, so he will be back. This past year was certainly considerable worse than his previous two years, but at the same time I increasingly wondered what's up with Aaron Jones; that guy was basically a shadow of his former self, dropping too many passes and losing too many fumbles.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

LOL :

Too bad they couldn't BOTH lose, ugh. 

But what a wild first week of playoff football. One thing's for certain: Staley needs to be fired.

The Eagles, 49ers and Chiefs should all win easily this weekend. The Bengals versus the Bills is the only one that could go either way. I'm pretty sure the NFL wants the Bengals to win since I doubt, they want to have the AFC championship game at a neutral site.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

The Eagles, 49ers and Chiefs should all win easily this weekend. The Bengals versus the Bills is the only one that could go either way. I'm pretty sure the NFL wants the Bengals to win since I doubt, they want to have the AFC championship game at a neutral site.

Wouldn't be so sure about the Eagles, they've been incredibly iffy since Jalen got hurt, and I doubt he's going to be fully healthy again at any point in these playoffs.

Chris Hu said:

I thought the AFCCG was gonna be played at a neutral site regardless if the Chiefs advanced (which they probably will). They were literally handed the #1 seed, so it's only fair even if they happen to be playing the Bengals who were never in play for the top seed in the AFC.

And the Bengals' already shaky OL is gonna be missing 3 starters, so the Chiefs should be the odds-on favorite to win the AFC. It's too bad because I've been pulling for the Bills to not only come out of the AFC, but win it all this year, especially with the tragic news of Hamlin (glad he's okay), but they've played rather pedestrian in recent weeks, almost losing at home to the Dolphins with their 3rd string QB.

Chris Hu said:

Not so sure about the Eagles. As @Angelus said, they've been very iffy since Hurts got hurt. Plus, the Giants are rolling and rested. They didn't play any of their key players in Week 18, essentially giving them a bye week. And Division games are always tough. 

And I want to believe the 49ers got it in the bag... But those fucking Cowboys, man.

Half the Divisional Round is in the books.

The Eagles are the Real Deal. Nobody can beat them when they're playing at THAT level.

The Jaguars had their chances. Plenty of opportunities, but they wasted them. You can't afford to waste any opportunities against the Chiefs. (And what the Hell was their Defensive Coordinator thinking w/ their gameplan against Kelce? Single coverage w/ an edge rusher? Are you kidding me?!?)

Speaking of the Chiefs, that injury to Mahomes just completely changed the outlook of the playoffs and the Super Bowl odds. It's clearly an ankle sprain. The only questions are whether it's a low or high one and if there isn't anything else that got hurt. An injured and hobbled Mahomes could be the difference between Super Bowl or defeat for the Chiefs.

Eagles were a lot more dominant than I expected for sure. Had my doubts about them going into the playoffs, but it looks like they're back to playing their best football.