By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2022: Casual Edition... or perhaps not?

Who will win Super Bowl LVII?

Buffalo Bills 4 40.00%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Tennessee Titans 1 10.00%

Kansas City Chiefs 2 20.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 1 10.00%

Green Bay Backers 0 0%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

Other (AFC) 0 0%

Other (NFC) 2 20.00%

Total:10

Would have preferred if they played the remainder of the of the Bills versus Bengals game next weekend and, then pushed the playoffs back a week and not have a bye week between the championship game and the Super Bowl. But it is what it is and having the AFC Championship game potentially being at a neutral site could be interesting. Also, found out a couple weeks ago that the NFL has an official Brazilian YouTube page:
https://www.youtube.com/@NFLBrasilOficial/videos

Which just started this season which is kind of odd since I am pretty sure they have a lot more NFL fans in Germany and Mexico and they don't have an official YouTube page for those markets yet.

Around the Network

Same old Packers. Same old Aaron Rodgers.

Bring it on, Seattle!!!

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 09 January 2023

Respect to Dan Campbell for getting his boys in that mindset! The Lions had nothing to lose at this point so they just went "Fuck it! If we're going out, we're taking these motherfuckers with us!"

They got that "dawg" mentality in them.
They also get 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft!
Look out for the Lions next year!

The Steelers don't have the draft picks the Lions have but they also finished the season very strong for a team that missed the playoffs plus Kenny Pickett should be better next season.

Chris Hu said:

The Steelers don't have the draft picks the Lions have but they also finished the season very strong for a team that missed the playoffs plus Kenny Pickett should be better next season.

Totally agree.  Considering they started the season 1-3 under Mitch Trubisky, I think they would have actually secured that final playoff spot (instead of needing the Jets to beat the Dolphins which didn't happen) if they had started Kenny Pickett from the beginning.  He likely would have beaten the Jets if he had been in the game before halftime.  The 1st meeting against the Browns was definitely winnable as well (it was a 6 point loss with a hideously sad attempt at a hook and ladder final play being fumbled and returned for TD).  The offense was woefully anemic all season though.  I'm not a fan of Matt Canada's play calling, but it looks as though they are going to keep him on for another year.  For all the flack Ben Roethlisberger got last year for being past his prime, compared to Trubisky and Pickett combined, Big Ben threw for more yards, twice as many TD's, turned over the ball less, and got the team into the post-season.  But, Pickett did get around 11 games of much needed experience which is a good thing for his development.  He only threw 1 interception in his last 7 starts while showing flashes of good things to come if he can stay healthy.  Diontae Johnson is better than his 0 TD's this year would indicate, Pat Freiermuth is dependable, and Najee Harris and Geore Pickens are something special.  So, they have the talent to be better than what we've seen.

And, the trade they made with the Chicago Bears for Chase Claypool for the Bears 2nd round pick turned out to be the 32nd pick overall in the draft due to Miami losing their 1st rounder for tampering.  With 3 picks in the first 49, hopefully they use some of them to rebuild the offensive line.  Trubisky and Pickett were sacked a combined total of 38 times this year.  The exact same amount Big Ben was in his final season, for all the comparisons to him being a statue in the pocket.

Around the Network

Out of all the high-win division champs, Minnesota is most likely to lose 1st round imo.

Giants:

-Rested a lot of starters for final game vs. MN's half-assed approach
-This was important esp. for Barkley (RB)
-A few key players previously injured seem to be returning

Vikings:

-A couple of recent critical injuries (Bradbury, etc.)
-Wild inconsistency

Homefield advantage is always a plus, but... I'm just not so sure.

Last edited by coolbeans - on 11 January 2023

May 2024 Articles:

Botany Manor (XS) Review -- 8/10 |

So, Wild Card Round. How we feeling about these matchups and how they'll go? Me?

AFC:

Bills/Dolphins: Bills

Bengals/Ravens: Bengals

Jaguars/Chargers: Chargers

--------------------------------

NFC:

49ers/Seahawks: 49ers

Vikings/Giants: Giants

Bucs/Cowboys: Bucs

Keep in mind that with the 49ers/Seahawks, the weather forecast is saying there's going to be a monsoon for that game. Heavy, and I mean, HEAVY, downpour. How will that affect the game?

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 14 January 2023

PAOerfulone said:

So, Wild Card Round. How we feeling about these matchups and how they'll go? Me?

AFC:

Bengals/Ravens: Ravens

NFC:

Keep in mind that with the 49ers/Seahawks, the weather forecast is saying there's going to be a monsoon for that game. Heavy, and I mean, HEAVY, downpour. How will that affect the game?

Ravens over the Bengals?  Lamar isn't playing.  But fair enough.

Chrkeller said:
PAOerfulone said:

AFC:

Bengals/Ravens: BENGALS!!

NFC:

WHOOPS!

I meant to right Bengals, but had a brainfart, or Freudian type. Whichever you want to call it!

PAOerfulone said:
Chrkeller said:

WHOOPS!

I meant to right Bengals, but had a brainfart, or Freudian type. Whichever you want to call it!

Good pics.  I agree 100% except with cowboys.  I think they beat the bucs.