By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 39, 2022 (Sep 19 - Sep 25)

Signalstar said:

I think the PS5 DE YTD numbers are wrong...

Good spot, i edited it so the numbers add up to the PS5 YTD total.

Around the Network

Seems we're also seeing the Horizon bundle taking effect in Japan. Selling 1/8 of its lifetime sales in a single week over 6 months after release isn't too shabby, even if the total sales are still modest.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Switch holding strong, Splatoon 3 has had such a big boost on hardware before and after launch it's incredible.

Signature goes here!

Kakadu18 said:

5mil is definitely the minimum for the Switch this year. It only lost 200k of it's lead in the last two weeks. Should start extending it again starting from week 41.

HFW is the game that's getting bundled with PS5s now instead of GT7.

Diofield is a disappointment. It doesn't seem to sell well anywhere.

What do you think Switch will sell from weeks 40 to 52? I think 1.8 million is a realistic number, that would mean 5.17 million for the year.

ShadowLink93 said:
Kakadu18 said:

5mil is definitely the minimum for the Switch this year. It only lost 200k of it's lead in the last two weeks. Should start extending it again starting from week 41.

What do you think Switch will sell from weeks 40 to 52? I think 1.8 million is a realistic number, that would mean 5.17 million for the year.

Seems reasonable. The Pokémon special edition should help.

Around the Network

Ok bold prediction time: Switch 2022 will be the best selling year for the Switch in Japan. On Pokemon Launch day they will sell 700K switch.

I know I need to touch grass. But let a man dream.

Nostaldub said:

Ok bold prediction time: Switch 2022 will be the best selling year for the Switch in Japan. On Pokemon Launch day they will sell 700K switch.

I know I need to touch grass. But let a man dream.

There wont be enough switches to sell 700K. If they sell 300k that would be amazing

我是广州人

Kakadu18 said:

I wouldn't go as far as definitely since it could sell less during the last few weeks compared to last year but if it doesn't it will be close to 5m at least.

DioField bombed horribly, wasn't expecting that the game looked nice in the demo

Xbox is on a bit of a tear tbh it may no be beating the other two platforms but considering the brand's history in the region it's putting up some respectable numbers.