By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 39, 2022 (Sep 19 - Sep 25)

chakkra said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

It's clearly shifting to the S model however.

Early on the Series X was dominating, with the S only getting some scraps. Last year the Series X outsold the Series S. This year however, the Series S is leading and does so in an increasing amount of weeks. The older the system becomes it seems, the more it seems to shift to the series S. Which is ironic considering it's the weaker model, normally the shift goes towards the more powerful one.

So... are we going to assume that exclusive games (and price) mean so little that all it takes to convince someone to pick one console over the other is its size?

Have you ever consider the possibility that Microsoft is just producing more units from that model?

What games are exclusive to the Series X that are not on the Series S?

@bolded:Yes, I do. And here's the thing: A company like Microsoft wants to make money, so they don't produce things if there's no demand for it. In other words, while Microsoft has probably increased production of the Series S, it's also just as probably due to higher demand of that model in some regions - including Japan apparently.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:

The switch can sell more than 2021. 2020 is hard though

It sold over 5.5mil in 2021.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
chakkra said:

So... are we going to assume that exclusive games (and price) mean so little that all it takes to convince someone to pick one console over the other is its size?

Have you ever consider the possibility that Microsoft is just producing more units from that model?

What games are exclusive to the Series X that are not on the Series S?

@bolded:Yes, I do. And here's the thing: A company like Microsoft wants to make money, so they don't produce things if there's no demand for it. In other words, while Microsoft has probably increased production of the Series S, it's also just as probably due to higher demand of that model in some regions - including Japan apparently.

In Japan the Series S doesn't sell out instantly. The Series X on the other hand still does. That says everything.

Eagle367 said:

I doubt that. 2021 still has the OLED model jump ahead, which is comparable with the Splatoon 3 jump this year. I'm not sure if Pokémon Scarlet/Violet can reproduce that, because we already had Sword/Shield.

Well, we already had Splatoon 2 and then Splatoon 3 made sales records :D So who knows... But still I guess Pokémon Scarlet/Violet won't push that many consoles. Nintendo can be happy if sales remain the same during the holiday season, but Switch won't be able to catch up the 0.5M units which 2021 is already ahead.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 30 September 2022

Source: Celine(InstallBase)

The market is not shiring, but growing. 

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
Eagle367 said:

I doubt that. 2021 still has the OLED model jump ahead, which is comparable with the Splatoon 3 jump this year. I'm not sure if Pokémon Scarlet/Violet can reproduce that, because we already had Sword/Shield.

Well, we already had Splatoon 2 and then Splatoon 3 made sales records :D So who knows... But still I guess Pokémon Scarlet/Violet won't push that many consoles. Nintendo can be happy if sales remain the same during the holiday season, but Switch won't be able to catch up the 0.5M units which 2021 is already ahead.

At bolded, you could of said the sa,e for splat3 and this is the first oled pokemon edition

Wonder how long Splatoon 3 can remain at number one, probably when Poke'mon releases or can bayonetta 3 knock it off top before then?

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 30 September 2022

Kakadu18 said:
HigHurtenflurst said:

DS was nuts in Japan in 2nd/3rd year

Switch best week is 380k by the looks of it, which also appears to be the only time any hardware* has sold over 300k outside of holiday/launch weeks.... power of lockdown boredom.

*at least from DS/PSP till now... i'm curious what things like Pokemon release on GBC & GBA might have done to sales.

392k in the ACNH launch week.

I assume that's Famitsu? I just took it from the VGC graphs as that's what yo333 was using for DS/3DS

Do you have a link for Famitsu by week or did you search for past threads?

Last edited by HigHurtenflurst - on 30 September 2022

HigHurtenflurst said:
Kakadu18 said:

392k in the ACNH launch week.

I assume that's Famitsu? I just took it from the VGC graphs as that's what yo333 was using for DS/3DS

Yes that's Famitsu.

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/media-create-sales-archive-thread.17/

This thread is what I used.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-12-2020-mar-16-mar-22.177081/

Kakadu18 said:
HigHurtenflurst said:

Yes that's Famitsu.

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/media-create-sales-archive-thread.17/

This thread is what I used.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-12-2020-mar-16-mar-22.177081/

Thanks, wow all the way back to 2004.