By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 39, 2022 (Sep 19 - Sep 25)

TruckOSaurus said:
Kakadu18 said:

https://www.ndw.jp/ranking2209-221006/

Media Create sales data. I believe they are more trustworthy than Famitsu.
These numbers include what is Famitsu's week 40.

Splatoon 3's number suggests that digital is even higher than we thought since Media Create's number is lower than where Famitsu's should be now. With Famitsu's first week number it would have been 43% digital. Looks like it's even higher.

I thought Media Create had stopped posting numbers and this was the reason everyone switch to Famitsu. Are they posting numbers again or is this a one-off thing?

This is only the second month in row now that Nintendo Dream posted their numbers. It seems like they will continue doing so.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I thought Media Create had stopped posting numbers and this was the reason everyone switch to Famitsu. Are they posting numbers again or is this a one-off thing?

This is only the second month in row now that Nintendo Dream posted their numbers. It seems like they will continue doing so.

So they do it on a monthly basis instead of weekly. I guess it can serve as a comparison point.

Signature goes here!

Kakadu18 said:
Shatts said:

How are they more trustworthy than Famitsu? 

Nintendo uses Media Create data. That 3.45mil sellthrough number is based on Media Create.

Media Create has always been considered to be more reliable in the past. Sadly in recent years they've only published their numbers through their yearly White Book and no weekly numbers. But thanks to Nintendo Dream we are now getting monthly numbers.

Currently Media Create has hhe Swigch at 300k lower than Famitsu, which is an unusually big discrepancy.

I see thanks for explaining. Then I wonder where Famitsu is getting their data from.

Shatts said:
Kakadu18 said:

Nintendo uses Media Create data. That 3.45mil sellthrough number is based on Media Create.

Media Create has always been considered to be more reliable in the past. Sadly in recent years they've only published their numbers through their yearly White Book and no weekly numbers. But thanks to Nintendo Dream we are now getting monthly numbers.

Currently Media Create has the Switch at 300k lower than Famitsu, which is an unusually big discrepancy.

I see thanks for explaining. Then I wonder where Famitsu is getting their data from.

They both track various retailers and extrapolate the numbers to the whole market.