By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brazil's 2022 Presidential Election

In October, brazilian people will decide who is going to be the next President. Well, the first-round actually.

The scenario shows that Lula, who was the president from 2002 to 2010 and Bolsonaro, the current president are the only ones capable of winning. The other candidates (Ciro, Simone, Soraya, etc) are very far from reaching any of them. Lula is ahead at the polls, but Bolsonaro and his followers are claiming that the polls are lying and the current president is going to win at first round.

A lot of things are happening here in Brazil right now. The social media (Facebook, Twitter) is flooded with manifestants, from both sides. They are quite aggressive, and many of them are getting banned over and over again.

Here are some of the news, since I'm not very good at writting in english:

Brazilian protest for democracy as Bolsonaro threatens election

Lula compares Bolsonaro's September 7th to a Ku Klux Klan meeting

How close is the race between Bolsonaro and Lula?

Well, I can only hope for the best. I don't actually care which one of them is going to win, I wish we had a third option, but like I said, no other candidate have a chance to win against Bolsonaro and Lula.

(If you are brazilian): Eu estou com a péssima sensação de que essas eleições podem resultar em algo muito assustador...

Around the Network

Looks like an easy win for Lula. He leads comfortably in every single poll and according to the same polls, his lead would even increase in a second round.
If anything Bolsonaro as the current president has more influence to fake polls than Lula does.

The same PT vs some other shit candidate all over again

Last edited by Thisar - on 23 September 2022

Hoping Bolsonaro gets ousted. Good luck to all our Brazilian members on Election Day.

I voted for Ciro in 2018 and I'm personally aligned with Simone, but no way I'm not voting for Lula now. I want this clownery that is current brazilian government to end in the most humiliating possible way. I'm speechless to see over 30% of our population still voting for Bolsonaro, we just can't be living in the same reality in the past 4 years.

Around the Network

100% Lula

Click HERE and be happy 

Six days remaining, the lead looks pretty solid so far.

It's tomorrow. Man, the final debate was a disaster.

mZuzek said:

Can this piece of shit leave please.

Vai Lula

edit: either way it's pretty naive to expect this to be over tomorrow, we never elect a president on the first time of asking. Just hope by the end of the month we drive him away, even if it's 51-49% or whatever.

Of course it won't.

Although both sides are claiming they will won on first round.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
mZuzek said:

Can this piece of shit leave please.

Vai Lula

edit: either way it's pretty naive to expect this to be over tomorrow, we never elect a president on the first time of asking. Just hope by the end of the month we drive him away, even if it's 51-49% or whatever.

Of course it won't.

Although both sides are claiming they will won on first round.

This sounds like pretty much the way elections will go in presidential republics around the world going forward.