By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC is bringing us all together!.

I will say that the way Sony is handling their PC ports is surprisingly better than I expected because they seem to embrace technologies on PC that for some reason, feels oddly absent on many Microsoft's first party titles. For example DLSS and Reflex. God of War and now Spiderman Remastered are coming with DLSS and GoW also has Nvidia Reflex. Both of which are really fap worthy technologies on PC. Meanwhile many MS games like Forza Horizon 5 does not have it. Luckily some MS games are starting to have DLSS like MS Flight Sim so hopefully they will implement it with more of their games going forward.

Personally as an owner of PC, PS5 and a Switch (Gave my Series X away to my nephew for his bday), I think I am at a point where I will wait the months to years for exclusives to come to PC instead of buying them on consoles. Not only do you generally get 20-30% off from websites like Green man gaming but I like the fact that I don't have to worry about the shenanigans from platform holders such as whether or not next gen will have BC or paying for online or lack of mod support and etc. Probably the only exception will be Nintendo games cause it's unlikely they will be coming anytime soon and Final Fantasy as they will be on Playstation exclusively for a year or two.

But yea, it is a fantastic time to be a PC gamer. Especially with GPU prices going back to normal and even below MSRP. And with next generation RTX 4000 series from Nvidia on the horizon, it will only get better. And with handheld form factors like the Steam Deck starting to become more and more popular, there's more ways to play games on PC than ever.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 21 July 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

As someone who owns Nintendo consoles I don't mind it too much that those stay exclusive, but still, would be awesome to play them in 4K at 60fps. But even without Nintendo exclusives, PC master race.

You can play Nintendo titles on PC just fine, thanks to perfectly legal emulators. Sure, it's a little bit of a hassle to set everything up, but once you've done that, it works like a charm. I even play Nintendo exclusives on my Steam Deck. :)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Pc gaming has been at the top for quite a while due to the wide range of customization. It's simply impossible for dedicated consoles to sell with the highest spec pc can offer, that's why I always said consoles need innovation to keep striving not make a small pc like what Sony and Microsoft are doing. Honestly when Nintendo comes to pc is the day pc will truly be the ultimate device for gaming. In all honesty Nintendo can profit so much by just porting to pc and making their own store like Steam and Epic but I respect the pride and hustle from them.

I mean I love my Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

It definitely feels like PC has become "neutral ground" in the gaming industry. You're not really taking away sales or business from your console because majority of those who buy a console either 1) can't afford a gaming PC 2) don't want to deal with the hassle of troubleshooting when needed and prefer a plug-n-play option or 3) that's just where their friends are and are comfortable with that ecosystem and love the console exclusive games.

Which there's nothing wrong with any of that as we all get to play our favorite games. PC has become a universal hub for games where consoles still give you a reason to opt for them if you prefer. Idk if Nintendo will ever make the jump to PC mainly because of how dependent they are on their consoles selling without the luxury of major conglomerate behind them, but also because they want to do their own thing. Sony and Microsoft primarily love power to their consoles whereas Nintendo loves gimmicks. I hope one day Nintendo can make it work.

And with Discord voice chat coming to Xbox and one day to PlayStation, we're all being more united regardless.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Long gone are the days when it was popular to say PC master race, yet only now does it truly feel like it's become just that.

The other day when I was playing Guardians of the Galaxy, it was a constant struggle to find the right graphics settings for my PC. I wanted the most graphics and pixels onscreen but inevitably always had to settle for the 900p which gave me good performance. It was also kind of a big hassle to get everything working right, the setup, the controller and all that stuff which is way more practical with consoles. So it made me want to get a new console, not like I have any money to do that now anyway.

Then I go and check them online. The new consoles only run the game at either 1080p60, or 2160p30. Well that's disappointing. Then I look up the prices. Any one of them would cost twice as much as a decent GPU, which is the only underwhelming thing about my PC. Any RTX card I get will give me significantly better performance, so there goes any wish of getting a console.

It's really great to have all the Microsoft exclusives and now most of the Sony exclusives too. As someone who owns Nintendo consoles I don't mind it too much that those stay exclusive, but still, would be awesome to play them in 4K at 60fps. But even without Nintendo exclusives, PC master race.

If you're ever having issues with balancing settings, r/Optimised gaming is a neat place to visit. I found it a few months back, though it only has some select AAA titles on the roster, it's got a mixture of DF optimised settings and user defined:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OptimizedGaming/

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

gtotheunit91 said:

It definitely feels like PC has become "neutral ground" in the gaming industry. You're not really taking away sales or business from your console because majority of those who buy a console either 1) can't afford a gaming PC 2) don't want to deal with the hassle of troubleshooting when needed and prefer a plug-n-play option or 3) that's just where their friends are and are comfortable with that ecosystem and love the console exclusive games.

Which there's nothing wrong with any of that as we all get to play our favorite games. PC has become a universal hub for games where consoles still give you a reason to opt for them if you prefer. Idk if Nintendo will ever make the jump to PC mainly because of how dependent they are on their consoles selling without the luxury of major conglomerate behind them, but also because they want to do their own thing. Sony and Microsoft primarily love power to their consoles whereas Nintendo loves gimmicks. I hope one day Nintendo can make it work.

And with Discord voice chat coming to Xbox and one day to PlayStation, we're all being more united regardless.

Even smartphones can play most of Nintendo games. If they release their games on PC their hardware were would decline severely because even a mid level PC would run their AAA titles better than a Switch, essentially rendering the points 1) and 2) irrelevant and the point 3 will follow suit once the hardware sales decline  

Nintendo would turn into a third party studio after a few years.

Personally speaking I would love to see Nintendo bankrupting and going into a third part publisher for PCs, but it's not realistic. They are too big, have a monopoly of portable market and an even deeper monopoly of japanese market. Currently I can see them releasing a Switch 2 with no hardware upgrades and still selling 20 million+ in Japan as long they keep their first party exclusive

gtotheunit91 said:

I personally prefer console gaming myself, especially with Nintendo. I never want to see them lose their ability to work independently without needing to deal with Microsoft, Sony, or anybody else.

A big part of this is because when it comes to computing, I am an avowed Mac user. I will never go back to Windows. 

SanAndreasX said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I personally prefer console gaming myself, especially with Nintendo. I never want to see them lose their ability to work independently without needing to deal with Microsoft, Sony, or anybody else.

A big part of this is because when it comes to computing, I am an avowed Mac user. I will never go back to Windows. 

Same here with Nintendo. I wouldn’t want the console market to be down to just 2. It would be even harder for another competitor to enter the market.

That is something else that’s on the up. Valve are avid fans of Linux and with the success of the Steam Deck, there’s been a lot of interest in gaming on Linux that will only grow. And with Mac, you can already argue some of the biggest games are already natively available on Mac such as League of Legends, Dota 2, and CS:GO, and with Capcom recently announcing Resident Evil Village is coming to Mac, and with the promises of the M2, gaming on Mac is also on the up! Plus, there’s also Xbox Cloud Gaming already available for you to stream tons of games on Safari. 

SanAndreasX said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Same here with Nintendo. I wouldn’t want the console market to be down to just 2. It would be even harder for another competitor to enter the market.

That is something else that’s on the up. Valve are avid fans of Linux and with the success of the Steam Deck, there’s been a lot of interest in gaming on Linux that will only grow. And with Mac, you can already argue some of the biggest games are already natively available on Mac such as League of Legends, Dota 2, and CS:GO, and with Capcom recently announcing Resident Evil Village is coming to Mac, and with the promises of the M2, gaming on Mac is also on the up! Plus, there’s also Xbox Cloud Gaming already available for you to stream tons of games on Safari.