By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC is bringing us all together!.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Azzanation said:

What? Seeing Nintendo go bankrupt? So you rather see Nintendo go bankrupt so their entire quality standards fall below pair and start dishing out games that just aren't great anymore so you can access them on PC?

I don't see why their quality has to decrease. Nintendo games have tighter budgets already.  Nintendo has already showed they can issue many quality titles despite not being successful with their consoles. 

Let's just say I'm willing to not playing Nintendo for a while and would appreciate if they become a publisher instead of a console maker. Will this happen? Doubt, but would like it anyway 

Their quality will most definitely drop due to the lower budgets and forced time frames to release games to stay afloat. You dont go bankrupt and have billions to spend.

Sega is a primed example of this. Sega themselves make average games ever since they went 3rd party. They are really lucky they own studios that keep Sega valid.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I don't see why their quality has to decrease. Nintendo games have tighter budgets already.  Nintendo has already showed they can issue many quality titles despite not being successful with their consoles. 

Let's just say I'm willing to not playing Nintendo for a while and would appreciate if they become a publisher instead of a console maker. Will this happen? Doubt, but would like it anyway 

Their quality will most definitely drop due to the lower budgets and forced time frames to release games to stay afloat. You dont go bankrupt and have billions to spend.

Sega is a primed example of this. Sega themselves make average games ever since they went 3rd party. They are really lucky they own studios that keep Sega valid.

Fair points. That's said I don't think it would be the case for Nintendo, they are like Rockstar and Blizzard. Their games have rock solid sales and stellar cross appeal, they would never become a B-tier third party publisher like Sega. They would easily recover in few years, just release a Mario and a Pokemon on PCs and we know they would hit big again 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Azzanation said:

Fair points. That's said I don't think it would be the case for Nintendo, they are like Rockstar and Blizzard. Their games have rock solid sales and stellar cross appeal, they would never become a B-tier third party publisher like Sega. They would easily recover in few years, just release a Mario and a Pokemon on PCs and we know they would hit big again 

Rockstar and Blizzard also have crazy funding and support for their games.

Im sure Nintendo will eventually put games on PC but its when they are ready. Nintendo is the last of the classic gaming companies and they seem happy sticking to their strenghts for now.

Pemalite said:
m0ney said:

I mean I love my Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3

That thing should belong in a museum. :P Not far from that decade point.. Which is the life I expect out of HEDT chips with it's higher TDP/Core counts. (I.E. i7 990X/3960X)

3.4Ghz/Quad Core+Hyper Threading is pretty much regarded as low-end these days... But if you aren't having issues with it's performance profile, then well done, keep using it, will just make your next upgrade a more significant jump.

Those early Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell have certainly stood the test of time in gaming.

Of course I'm aware of its age, but it's more than enough for me, I mostly play on PS4 these days. I had a i5-4570 since 2014 and last year upgraded to this Xeon, it has 8 threads vs 4 and is supposedly around 30% faster. I was playing Kingdom Come at that time, a CPU heavy game, and immediately noticed improvement, not so much in framerate but in frame timing or however it is called - you of all know what I'm talking about :)

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Pemalite said:

That thing should belong in a museum. :P Not far from that decade point.. Which is the life I expect out of HEDT chips with it's higher TDP/Core counts. (I.E. i7 990X/3960X)

3.4Ghz/Quad Core+Hyper Threading is pretty much regarded as low-end these days... But if you aren't having issues with it's performance profile, then well done, keep using it, will just make your next upgrade a more significant jump.

Those early Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell have certainly stood the test of time in gaming.

Of course I'm aware of its age, but it's more than enough for me, I mostly play on PS4 these days. I had a i5-4570 since 2014 and last year upgraded to this Xeon, it has 8 threads vs 4 and is supposedly around 30% faster. I was playing Kingdom Come at that time, a CPU heavy game, and immediately noticed improvement, not so much in framerate but in frame timing or however it is called - you of all know what I'm talking about :)

Frame pacing.

And absolutely. Those quad-cores without hyper-threading are definitely struggling these days... Even the more modern variants like the 7600K will rapidly show their limitations in newer titles.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Im sure Nintendo will eventually put games on PC but its when they are ready. Nintendo is the last of the classic gaming companies and they seem happy sticking to their strenghts for now.

And I'm sure they will never do at least in my lifetime, not without having their business in serious jeopardy first. But alas, if you have hope you have the right to wait forever. 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Azzanation said:

And I'm sure they will never do at least in my lifetime, not without having their business in serious jeopardy first. But alas, if you have hope you have the right to wait forever. 

I dont have to wait forever because i own a Nintendo Switch. If its really that extreme just buy a Switch. Its not like Nintendo are new to this, they have been following this same method since the 80s.

Azzanation said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I dont have to wait forever because i own a Nintendo Switch. If its really that extreme just buy a Switch. Its not like Nintendo are new to this, they have been following this same method since the 80s.

What "extreme" exactly are you talking about? I have a Switch (In fact have purchased 2 so far). I'm doing this because it's pretty obvious they will never release their games on PCs unless they change their business model which will only happens if their core business collapses, which can happen in maybe 20 years in West, but while there is a small island called Japan Nintendo will never change their approach.

I'm more inclined to believe Nintendo is shutting down their business in West if they aren't profitable anymore (as they have done several times with third world countries) and releasing games and hardware only in East Asia with their current business model. 

Nintendo likes to make hardware and they have the right do keep their hardware business. This is their only viable way for them to keep that business running. That's why I don't believe them coming to PCs before bankrupting first

I hope I made myself clear now

zero129 said:

Why not just take a chunk of that pie and get them sales as PC gamers are playing your games anyways?

Sales from PCs have smaller profit margins as the store get come cuts, meanwhile, on their own hardware they get 100% of the revenue. But that's only tangential, as they could solve it making their own stores on PCs and then getting a 100% cut.

The real problem is: Nintendo first party drives their hardware sales, if their games are on PC their hardware sales would decline which means less third party sales on Switch as well. Less third party sales = Less revue. And that's not even saying the profit they will lost from hardware as Nintendo don't sell their hardware at loss 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Azzanation said:

What "extreme" exactly are you talking about? I have a Switch (In fact have purchased 2 so far). I'm doing this because it's pretty obvious they will never release their games on PCs unless they change their business model which will only happens if their core business collapses, which can happen in maybe 20 years in West, but while there is a small island called Japan Nintendo will never change their approach.

I'm more inclined to believe Nintendo is shutting down their business in West if they aren't profitable anymore (as they have done several times with third world countries) and releasing games and hardware only in East Asia with their current business model. 

Nintendo likes to make hardware and they have the right do keep their hardware business. This is their only viable way for them to keep that business running. That's why I don't believe them coming to PCs before bankrupting first

I hope I made myself clear now

Nintendo build their consoles around their controllers, they are very different to Xbox and PS who do the exact opposite. This is why Nintendo continue to stay in the hardware business because they push innovation even if its minor like the Gamecube or extreme like the Wii. The moment they cannot innovate anymore will be the days they will most likely start porting their games to PC.

zero129 said:
Azzanation said:

Err for real? Nintendos IP's are bigger then anything MS or Sony or blizzard could ever hope for. Im pretty sure if they for instance released a Mario Collection on PC they would be fine, im prettty sure no matter what they do on PC or Mobile they would be fine as their IP's are just that big the biggest in gaming imo.

I am not sure where you came to that conclusion. I wasn't talking about popularity but than again you can argue Rockstar and Blizzard games are just as popular. My point i was making was that Rockstar and Blizzard games are normally so well made is due to the exceptionally high budgets they invest and that all comes from being successful. If you take the funds away the quality will drop and that's just how business works for AAA games.