By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Mega Man game of the original series?

What's your favorite Mega Man game of the original series?

Mega Man 1 21 6.40%

Mega Man 2 113 34.45%

Mega Man 3 47 14.33%

Mega Man 4 20 6.10%

Mega Man 5 16 4.88%

Mega Man 7 24 7.32%

Mega Man 9 8 2.44%

Mega Man 10 13 3.96%

Mega Man 11 36 10.98%

Other 30 9.15%

Total:328

My favorite is Mega Man 5, followed by 4. I have all the NES titles in my 2DS.

Around the Network

I'll take Mega Man 2 for the win! I've only played the first three, and I know I've beaten #2. I think I've beaten #3, but I'm not sure, because the last time I played it was the year it originally released.

Mega Man 1 is a special game. I remember renting this game with godawful box art. But the concept of the game is phenomenal, and I was really into it from the moment I started playing. You beat super robots and then gain their powers? That's awesome! The bosses are also the most iconic: fireman, iceman, elecman, etc.... Those are the kind of super powers you'd want to get. However, the game is not nearly as polished as Mega Man 2. The power of leaves in #2 just doesn't feel as cool as electricity powers from #1, but #2 is a well polished game and feels fun from beginning to end. So, kudos to #1 for coming up with the concept for an amazing game/series, but #2 is where they perfected the original concept.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 18 July 2022

Mega Man 2. I'll fight anyone who says different.

2>9>3>10>1>4>7>11>8>5>6

I own all six NES carts (I don't count the others) and rank 2 as the best. Although really, I can play 2-6 and have a blast. The first game is great too, but I rank it at the bottom due to its limited scope. Once you play the other games, it's tough as nails, and you find yourself wishing for the later addictions to gameplay.

Mega Man is one of my favorite franchises. I have played and beaten every game in this series, I have bought the Legacy Collections 1+2 and 11 as well. I was really annoyed that we didn't get a physical release in Europe. My favorite of them all is 4 which is most likely because that was the only one I had physical when I grew up. Me and my brothers used to play it very, very often. 2 is also really good but 4 will always be my number one.

I especially love the music, the music is so good! Most oft the soundtracks kick ass and I listen to some tracks even nowadays on my mp3 player when I'm outside.

Around the Network

11. I love the art and the gameplay is refined enough. It's everything Mighty No 9 was supposed to be.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mega Man 2 and it isn't even close. I've beaten the first 7. Mega Man 2 is the right balance of difficulty and has the best design.

Mega Man 2 on NES was the first game that I bought with my own money! That aside its also the best game in the series.

I have played and beaten every one of these games.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Megaman 2 is the best in my opinion.

I really liked MM1, didn’t (and still don’t) care to much for MM3 (but there is something to the music that plays when protoman appears in this game), I like MM4, didn’t play any more MM games up until MM9 and MM10 both of which I like but I would say that MM9 and 10 are harder than the original MM games. I have not played MM11.

But in the end MM2 is the best.

EDIT:// I’ve beaten every one of the MM games I have played.

Mega man 2 and 9 would be my favorites.

Bonus: 7 is the only I havent played/beaten.