By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Mega Man game of the original series?

What's your favorite Mega Man game of the original series?

Mega Man 1 21 6.40%

Mega Man 2 113 34.45%

Mega Man 3 47 14.33%

Mega Man 4 20 6.10%

Mega Man 5 16 4.88%

Mega Man 7 24 7.32%

Mega Man 9 8 2.44%

Mega Man 10 13 3.96%

Mega Man 11 36 10.98%

Other 30 9.15%

Total:328
DragonRouge said:
JWeinCom said:

Couldn't you just map a shoulder button to dash? Pretty sure all of those games allow you to remap buttons.

That could work, remap the left shoulder buttons to switch weapons and the right one to dash, that way I can tap into my muscle memory and use the same finger to dash.

All this remapping has me confused and given me a headache, you guys have been around long enough to have mastered the black arts of button mashing keep this blasphemous talk up and you'll force me to come around to your places and continually  remap I mean alter your controllers while your not looking till you learn your lesson.?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

All this remapping has me confused and given me a headache, you guys have been around long enough to have mastered the black arts of button mashing keep this blasphemous talk up and you'll force me to come around to your places and continually  remap I mean alter your controllers while your not looking till you learn your lesson.😒

As long as you refrain yourself from remapping the location of my keys, I don't mind.

DragonRouge said:
mjk45 said:

All this remapping has me confused and given me a headache, you guys have been around long enough to have mastered the black arts of button mashing keep this blasphemous talk up and you'll force me to come around to your places and continually  remap I mean alter your controllers while your not looking till you learn your lesson.😒

As long as you refrain yourself from remapping the location of my keys, I don't mind.

I have played enough stealth games to not need keys?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

JWeinCom said:
DragonRouge said:

It's been the opposite for me lately with the X series. When I played them on the SNES, I could use my thumb to shoot and jump, and my index finger to dash at the same time. Now, the thickness of the controllers and the face buttons layout don't let me do that anymore, as a result, I'm havong a harder time with the X series now. I used to beat them with relative ease... not anymore lol.

Couldn't you just map a shoulder button to dash? Pretty sure all of those games allow you to remap buttons.

I always double-tap forward to dash in Mega Man X games. Works like a charm.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

You're going to have to explain to me what makes mega man 8 so bad. Yeah, I understand the bad voice acting and all that, but X4 also had that, and it's not like it's detrimental to the gameplay. Which is fine.

It's not like the game suffered from slowdown or had an issue like a pause cheat to assist with killing bosses faster. It does its best with varying stage gimmicks, like the snowboarding and flying sections. You can use Mega ball to skip certain parts of the game or jump over some gaps that you can't normally. Each stage has good reasons to return to them, and the Saturn version, which is the best way to play the game, has boss battle sections for Wood Man and Cut Man, and there's no massive sprite flickering on it or the PS1 version

The reasoning for Mega Man 8 being bad just doesn't add up. The worst thing about mega man 8 that comes to mind is that the intro boss, and Astro Man have Spark Mandril syndrome. Followed by the cutscenes, but that has nothing to do with the gameplay and are skippable.

Anyway, my favorite classic game is mega man 8. Not a fan of the 8-bit stuff. The style got old with mega man 10, and 11 doesn't have good music and slower gameplay overall. Also didn't find mega man 7 to be all too visually appealing, but I never owned a super Nintendo, and was first introduced to mega man on PlayStation, since I didn't know of the sega genesis game, and wouldn't have had access in the states anyway (And I think that collection looks and sounds bad too).

I'd try to arrange them, from favorite to least... but how do I do that when I literally hate 8 games in the series?

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:

You're going to have to explain to me what makes mega man 8 so bad. Yeah, I understand the bad voice acting and all that, but X4 also had that, and it's not like it's detrimental to the gameplay. Which is fine.

It's not like the game suffered from slowdown or had an issue like a pause cheat to assist with killing bosses faster. It does its best with varying stage gimmicks, like the snowboarding and flying sections. You can use Mega ball to skip certain parts of the game or jump over some gaps that you can't normally. Each stage has good reasons to return to them, and the Saturn version, which is the best way to play the game, has boss battle sections for Wood Man and Cut Man, and there's no massive sprite flickering on it or the PS1 version

The reasoning for Mega Man 8 being bad just doesn't add up. The worst thing about mega man 8 that comes to mind is that the intro boss, and Astro Man have Spark Mandril syndrome. Followed by the cutscenes, but that has nothing to do with the gameplay and are skippable.

Anyway, my favorite classic game is mega man 8. Not a fan of the 8-bit stuff. The style got old with mega man 10, and 11 doesn't have good music and slower gameplay overall. Also didn't find mega man 7 to be all too visually appealing, but I never owned a super Nintendo, and was first introduced to mega man on PlayStation, since I didn't know of the sega genesis game, and wouldn't have had access in the states anyway (And I think that collection looks and sounds bad too).

I'd try to arrange them, from favorite to least... but how do I do that when I literally hate 8 games in the series?

What are you even doing in this thread if you 'literally hate' 8/11 of the games in the series? Why did you feel the need to be a part of a conversation that you won't even enjoy contributing to? I get that you're a writer and you like to talk about shit, but discretion is key. Why even bother replying to this thread if you only came here to be a contrarian without even being interested in the franchise? 

OdinHades said:
JWeinCom said:

How do you dash-jump off walls? I used to try the double tap, too, but found that it was insanely picky (and in many times virtually impossible) to do any of the wall-jumping platforming sections. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I've played and beaten all of them.

My favorites are probably 3 and 4.

I’m going to have to say 2, but I’m also only familiar with 1 and 2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

No wait! These people :)

https://youtu.be/qUjhls_1YXQ

(is it possible to embed YouTube videos on mobile?)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Runa216 said:

What are you even doing in this thread if you 'literally hate' 8/11 of the games in the series? Why did you feel the need to be a part of a conversation that you won't even enjoy contributing to? I get that you're a writer and you like to talk about shit, but discretion is key. Why even bother replying to this thread if you only came here to be a contrarian without even being interested in the franchise? 

OdinHades said:

How do you dash-jump off walls? I used to try the double tap, too, but found that it was insanely picky (and in many times virtually impossible) to do any of the wall-jumping platforming sections. 

What am I doing in this thread?  Flame much? I literally contributed to the topic at hand.  You never answered anything about what the issue with Mega Man 8 was.  The topic is, "Which Mega Man game is your favorite."  My favorite is Mega Man 8.  I gave concise reasons as to why I liked that game.  I saw some people rating the entire series, so I thought I'd ask what was so wrong with it.  

To be honest, I can hate all the games in the series, as long as there's one that I hate least; that's my favorite.